Pioneer XDJ's vs Denon Prime's

Default Pioneer XDJ's vs Denon Prime's

Hi DJTT forum

I've been a traktor-die-hard for years but I'm looking to breakaway from DVS and turntables and moving onto media players such as the Pioneer XDJ range or the Denon Prime SC5000's\SC5000m's. This is mainly due to portability and not having to take a 2,000 laptop out with me when I DJ. I'm hoping that you'll be able to give me information as to which players are better, and what your experiences are with each brand

I've played on both and the SC5000's blow the doors off of the XDJ's as far as bells and whistles go but the XDJ's work more cleanly with the industry standard Rekordbox. The SC5000's more equally compare to the 2000NXS as far as hardware goes.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I jumped ship from the Pioneer ecosystem to the Denon Prime Ecosystem. The Denons run circles around CDJ2000NXS2's.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

coming from traktor, you will find denon much more feature friendly compared to pioneer products

I've played on both and the SC5000's blow the doors off of the XDJ's as far as bells and whistles go but the XDJ's work more cleanly with the industry standard Rekordbox. The SC5000's more equally compare to the 2000NXS as far as hardware goes.
    I jumped ship from the Pioneer ecosystem to the Denon Prime Ecosystem. The Denons run circles around CDJ2000NXS2's.
    coming from traktor, you will find denon much more feature friendly compared to pioneer products

I'm presently surprised to see the amount of love Denon's over Pioneer so far. I've read quite a few horror stories with bug's, build quality issues, some features not working as well advertised on www.reddit.com/r/DenonPrime/.

Quote Originally Posted by A$H View Post
    I'm presently surprised to see the amount of love Denon's over Pioneer so far. I've read quite a few horror stories with bug's, build quality issues, some features not working as well advertised on www.reddit.com/r/DenonPrime/.
    YOu will find with most reviews, people only tend to post things if they have a bad experience. When you compare the amount of negative reviews to the amount of products sold, you will see that it is a drop in the bucket comparatively.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6