Serato & Traktor - ONE Music Collection?

Default Serato & Traktor - ONE Music Collection?

Anyone doing this?

Both set independent beat grids & cue points, so how do you set up your music collection so that it can be used in BOTH software?

How do you stop one overwriting the others data?

Do they store near grid and loop and cue info in separate ID3 tags? What about BPM info? What if they both find a different tempo?

Help me understand, y’all...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Anyone doing this?

Both set independent beat grids & cue points, so how do you set up your music collection so that it can be used in BOTH software?

How do you stop one overwriting the others data?

Do they store near grid and loop and cue info in separate ID3 tags? What about BPM info? What if they both find a different tempo?

Help me understand, y’all...
    Serato writes the cue and grid point info to file. Traktor writes it to the collection. Rekordbox writes it to the collection.

Prior to moving over to the Denon Ecosystem, I used Serato as my master database and synced that database to Rekordbox and Traktor using Rekordbuddy in an OSX VM.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Where does Serato write the info? Does it write it to a custom ID3 tag? Traktor 3 has an option to write to file - so as long as they both write to separate ID3 tags we should be golden...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Traktor writes to the TRAKTOR4 ID3 tag. Don't know what tag Serato uses, but no way they will conflict.

^Cheers mate!

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

There are also third party tools available to make managing this easier. For example, if you set a bunch of cue points in Serato, why also duplicate that work in Traktor? Or Rekordbox?

A popular example of this is Rekord Buddy 2.

I’m not too fussed about the cuepoints. What would really bother me would be if grids/bpm info wasn’t right.

Does Recordbuddy set tempo/grids that used usable and correct in Traktor & Serato?