Syncing Traktor Scratch Pro 3 effects to Pioneer DJM-900 nexus2 mixer
    Tech Convert

Default Syncing Traktor Scratch Pro 3 effects to Pioneer DJM-900 nexus2 mixer

Hello-
    I am using a Pioneer DJM-900 nexus2 mixer running TSP3 and want to use the software's awesome effects BUT.... I noticed the tempo based effects are not in sync. Ex. the beat masher falls out of sync over time with a track playing. When I used the S4 mixer I never had this problem but since I switched to the Pioneer external mixer the effects are not in sync. Does it have something to do with MIDI clock sent by the mixer?
    Please help. much appreciated!

S4 = internal mixing
    mixer = external mixing

It does have something to do with MIDI but not sent by mixer but sent by software or better put no Pioneer mixers are able to receive generic midi bpm clock info from software through USB connection, they don't support midi-in, only midi out of mixer.

Older generations of Denon mixer do support midi-in with Traktor (X600, X1600, X1700) but not the X1800. A&H PX5 does have it, as do older A&H mixers.

Also, with midi sync expect the precision to be fluctuating around +-0.1 BPM. Nonetheless, massively better and faster than AUTO function on the mixer.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

if Pioneer mixer only support midi out of mixer.....then can you set Traktor as the midi slave and the djm as the master midi?

thx for response

yes but that makes no sense if you're playing from Traktor, only when you're playing from CDJ's and turntables and want to apply Traktor FX to them so you need bpm of tracks to be recognised by Traktor.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2