Korg nano pads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Korg nano pads

Tech Wizard

Default Korg nano pads

okay so learnin at little at a time but since i have no money to get a vci 100 arcade just yet i was wondering if it is possible to have 2 nano pads and map the x-y pads as jog wheels?

Tech Wizard

i saw this video a few days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBBZFRLi3IM

Tech Mentor

you can configure any of the 2 axis of the xy controller to send a cc or a note, and also when you touch/untouch it.

The jog wheel works with a cc, and the pitch bend works with a note, so yes theoretically you could use the xy as jog wheels... although I doubt it's easy to use.

You could simply use the pads as pitch bends + -, and use the xy only for effects... just like Ean Golden did with his oxygen controller.

The arcade edition is cool, but to be honest I think it's overpriced/overhyped. You only get 4 buttons for each track... I think it's better to have a vci, and some nanopad, or an akai controller.

I have a vci and a nanopad and in the future I'd like to update the nanopad to something with more pads. I never have enough hot cues...

edit: you can't configure the xy controller to send notes, only CCs

Tech Wizard

i don't have a nanopad so i can't confirm that just remembered that video when i saw your post.

Quote Originally Posted by kpb View Post

This great video, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the video on this forum and you'll find them great.

Tech Mentor

"you can configure any of the 2 axis of the xy controller to send a cc or a note, and also when you touch/untouch it."
    sorry to hijack, well maybe that`s interesting to the original poster too, how do you set it to touch/untouch action?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kpb View Post

This is great!

Question - I have one Nano Pad. Can I have Scene 1 scrub the vinyl like he has and have another scene scrub the other deck? How could I assign that?

I have been thinking about buying a nano pad for a long time. Is it worth it, I mean it's so cheap?

Banned

the korg nanp pads series controllers are your first foray into midi control, you can rest assured that you’ll wave station and 19 great mdex effects.the nano pad comes complete with a download code for toontrack’s ezd rummer Lite, offering super realistic and more.

I'm from Aus, Bought a Korg PadKontrol from a online store djwarehouse.com.au and only got the KORG Editor Librarian!

FREAKING RIPPED OFF! I WANT MY TTEzy Drummer!

BTW: Does anyone have the traktor 1.2 mapping for the xy pad to pitch bend or manage effects?

I'm a traktor noob sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast