Best way to play with 4 decks and two channel external mixer on Traktor?

Question Best way to play with 4 decks and two channel external mixer on Traktor?

Hi I am trying to figure out a way to use two mixer channels, two turntables and 4 decks with a MIDI controller. Since the volume faders go away when playing in external mode I only have the option to use the filter to mix out of a song when playing on more then 2 decks. The thing is I am looking for a way to only use 2 channels on a mixer cause some gigs only have 2 open channels. I am looking to have TT1 control Deck A/C and TT2 control B/D.

I have previously written a TSI where I use the VCM-600 and one output where there is one turntable input. However I slightly miss having two turntables but cant live without 4 decks.

Here is that mapping if you are interested.
    http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=452

Now I got to the point where I was happy with being able to duplicate the playing deck to another so I can keep layering loops and percussion but it seems jerky.

How would you do it???

Is there a way to hack or activate the volume faders to show up in External Mixer Mode???

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Since 2.6 autogain has it's own separate knob so you can map the regular gain knob for this feature. This control is still functional in external mode.

If you don't have the ability to edit the MIDI value's range of a control (not familiar with the 600's MIDI customization options) you will have to map it as a relative knob so you don't get +12db as your top value. (range 0 to 64 for -inf to 0db)

Great tip, I didnt realize there was an update. Just got 2.6 going and Yes I see the Gain knob goes to infinity silence... I am going to see what I can come up with....

Certainly a game changer, just hooked up the turntables... Been at this all day. I think this might be the solution I was looking for thanks!!!!!!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Glad I could help