Where do you buy your digital music?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Where do you buy your digital music?

I'm getting p****** of beatport's tiny interface and looking for a new eshop...

Which do you recommend and why?

Tech Mentor

I use eMusic. They've got a helluh large selection, and the genres are all decently-ish organized, and it's good about recommending music for you.

The one thing I'm a little iffy about is that you can't always tell what bitrate the track you're about to DL is, but for the most part it's 264kb/s+.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

I use trackitdown.net and occasionally djdownload.com as alternatives sometimes, especially when Beatport has decided I'm not regionally worthy of a particular tune
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

www.djtunues.com In fact i will give them double props, I use them as the artwork is always in the id tags, and I don't normally have any issues with the mp3's straight into Itunes then to MIK and then into Traktor, the other day they did a major website update, I went and picked up 10 tracks, was not amused they had made it so the tracks were all dl'd in separate artist folders! and the artwork had to be added manually so they made a tedious task more tedious, sent them an email got a brilliant response, in fact they changed it all back to how it previously worked and credited my account with a few quid now that's a proper response in 24 hours.

so I would have to recommend them just for that ;-)

I like djdownload as every 10th track is free haven't had a browse thru beatport in a while but have a rather large cart sitting there still. I've noticed more labels esp in the psytrance genres are selling straight off their sites now which is cool.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I used..Lavamus.com...320k bit rate and only .15 per song. I used beatport to see what's hot and then go to Lavamus to search for the song...
    MacBook Pro 2.33GHZ 2G-Ram
    VCI-100SE (Original Batch 1-100) "March 2008"
    Traktor Pro 1.2.1
    Audio Kontrol 1

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If it's .15 per song I'm gonna make a big leap of faith here and say it's an illegal site.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

trackitdown.net is good for browsing tracks, although if I know an exact track I'll just get it off beatport.

Juno.co.uk is also a pretty decent site.

Tech Wizard

yeah .15 a track is definitely illegal

Tech Mentor

Hey thanks for your tips!

I'll check all those sites!

I found http://www.beatsdigital.com/ and I liked the interface, but it was too slow from here in Mexico.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast