would anyone use black light ink for marking things?

Default would anyone use black light ink for marking things?

http://www.blacklightworld.com/Invisible%20Paints.htm

there are definately advantages, black light paint shines back even when the booth is dark. Also, it's invisible so you can't see it in normal light. Write down your own control labels right over top of the regular control labels and you're set, and the original labels are still there for resale (until the dude takes it to a club and the black light makes it impossible for him or her to read the original words).

I personally use it for my black arcade buttons, but they would work for the korg padkontrol as well, and any other controller that doesn't already have backlit buttons. Granted, just marking them doesn't show whether or not they're engaged, but it does help the accuracy methinks.

the downside is that you are best off bringing your own black light, but there are led blacklight strips for cheap and they don't look like you brought a little desk lamp in to dj in your office.

Also, I'm fascinated by using a tablet for playing a cool synth, and black light ink would be perfect for drawing boundaries on a thing like that. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5FiC563GgM

Use a tuner and find the pitch centers and mark them with the ink. That way you could make big accurate leaps without worrying about over shooting or anything.

What other things could you use the black light for? There must be some good ideas out there.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I might be spinning a UV party at the end of January and I'm thinking about getting UV makeup and hair dye and everything. Could be fun to augment the VCI-100 too.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

all fun and games until your suspicious ma/gf goes through your room and comes to the conclusion that you're very accurate with your manhood.

lol
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    all fun and games until your suspicious ma/gf goes through your room and comes to the conclusion that you're very accurate with your manhood.

lol
    HA! not to mention all those stains in the DJ booth from cats who "rocked the pre-afterparty party".

Hilarious.

Drawing dribble marks on your unconcious brother's mouth with a UV pen at a psy party that has UV cannons: Priceless
    Seriously though, great suggestion C-S, pity that site doesn't ship outside the US
    Last edited by Jester; 12-19-2009 at 05:12 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "