dj calls out prick at bar with song!
    Tech Wizard

Default dj calls out prick at bar with song!

Ok, so i was just trying to get an opinion from fellow dj's on this. i work for a DJ company so i have a boss to report to.
    so i am at the bar playing and they are a typically classic rock bar with other stuff thrown in through the night. i get there and they tell me the format is changing to 97.5 (top 40 no rap) type music. I did this and the crowd was hating it. then a guy, every time he walks past me starts telling me i suck (loud enough for everyone to hear). then he starts getting louder about it (also flipping me the bird) and the bar doesn't do anything about it (he hasn't requested anything yet). so then i get on the mic and dedicate lily Allen "fuck you" to him because i have had enough. the bar was mad but i got to finish the night. i probably shouldn't have stooped to his level but what do you all think.

do as you wish you are in charge, but remember you may not be asked back. i have not had to deal with that type of behavior before, in the spots i have been on a regular basis, the bouncers will , well bounce, who i ask. also if you can hear the prick, turn up the volume, that may not work at a pub type of environment, where people are talking.

Tech Wizard

that was the biggest issue. the fact that i have never had to deal with that type of behavior. plus there was no bouncer.

Getting on the mic was probably not the coolest thing in the world. Maybe you should have just pointed at him while the track started...

Better still - would be if you are using Ableton Live (or another DJ app with samples/cue points). Just load up a player/clip slot with the chorus or a line where she says "Fuck You", and play it in time every time that guy walks past...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

I'd have got on the mic & said "who's the dude that pissed in his beer" but then again this coming from someone when asked to play top chart hits agrees, then plays a mess of danceable electronic noise.

Tech Guru

personally if i was to choose a "fuck you" song, it would be this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8SeatY6dE

Quite frankly- what would have made you feel better? Saying "FU" to 97.5? And see what tunes the crowd cheers for or what you did? Either way, you may not be asked to play there again, but perhaps simply making people dance would be better for you- and perhaps your employers would their error.
    Just my .02€
    I mix stuff on my things...