VCI-100 Scratch Capabilities??

Default VCI-100 Scratch Capabilities??

Hi Guys,

I feel a tad nervous posting this thread, I did forum searches and returned nothing so I felt I had to ask!

Because I'm in the process of purchasing one of the VCI-100 SE's as my first step into Digital Jockey/Controllerism, persay! I was just wondering how well these units actually scratch?

I have never used turntables before so does that mean I will learn to scratch from the start without any old vinyl habits? Do you have to learn to compensate for the hardware to software latency/conversion or whatever?

I conceived it as the sound when scratching whether vinyl or digital is the same just the technique used to acheive the results may be slightly different/adapted?

Thanks guys, I bet this is a post you get all the time but I couldn't find it!

VCI100 has a lot of capabilities in general, you can do small scratching on it, baby scratches, low-medium speed crabs, but if you want to do more scratching along with mixing the VCI300 is much better for the job, not quite as good as vinyl or DVS. However it is a very capable scratch controller. More responsive. If your a traktor user there a few decent mappings around this site for the VCI300. In the end, if your mainly a mix dj....VCI100 is your best bet.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Thanks for the help...Harry! ; )

As long as you can do a lil bit of scratching! I never scratched before just hittin' samples on a PadKontrol! So VCI-100 should be enough for me to start doing club gigs and stuff with!

Once I get better, and have more money, I'll just get a Numark NS7 or something once I get to the advanced scratch stuff!

Thanks again!

yeah. most ppl will say VINYL IS THE BEST UR NOT REAL IF U DONT USE VINYL and while vinyl has its very clear advantages in the long run, it all comes down to what works for you personally. the vci100 should be enough but if your planning on doing anything more than very basic scratch, it'll be no good
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Once I get my Basic skills down and actually NEED something more advance or a different system then keep the VCI as a effects unit! I'll look at a NS7 or one of those SL-DZ1200 things by sensei haus!

Has anyone heard much about those Technics Digital Vinyl Tables, SL-DZ1200?

the dz1200s are trash. most users ive ever heard from have had nothing but bad things to say about them.
    Durty Harry

Harry, that explains why no Technics dealers in Aus stock the DZ1200's!

Sensei Haus probably uses them cause he get's them for free!

Yeah man i wouldnt really know ive never even used the dz's but ive heard terrible reviews.
    Durty Harry

Yeah true, I get the impression they were a rushed gimmick to keep up with the other brands in Digital DJ side!