OT: F*ck You I Wont Do What (Simon Cowell) Told Me.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default OT: F*ck You I Wont Do What (Simon Cowell) Told Me.

Im sure that you guys are aware of this but i think its significant to warrant a thread.

Every year in UK the Xmas Number 1 is an X-Factor single.
    The Xmas number 1 is a UK tradition that no matter how cool you are or what your into, everyone wants to know what it is even if it is out of curiosity. We were all kids once and back then it seemed important.

This year a Facebook campain has reclaimed the Xmas Number 1 with possibly the most apt song.

Of course the subject matter of this song is much more serious than battling some kids for the Number 1 spot (so no political rants needed) .
    Tom Morello from the band was interviewed this week about the use of the song for this project and he said he was proud to be a part of it and the whole "Fuck You" to Simon Cowell and the music machine he represents.

No matter what your opinion on the tune you cant help thinking that this is a major result and a kick in the eye for the constant stream of commercial piss that occupies the charts.

Of course the REAL winners are EMI who released the single which was priced at a loss leader of 29pence. Far less than the £3.99 that the X Factor single costs.

Im certainly no music snob. I like it when people like Sir Cliff Richard are number 1 at Xmas , anything other than the usual suspects but this is genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCh6D417p3U

THE UK XMAS NUMBER 1 IS --- RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - KILLING IN THE NAME .
    Well Done to those that made this possible.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 12-21-2009 at 04:28 AM.

That is fantastic. This made my week.

Rap Metal FTW!
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

I bought it and Im glad to be part of giving two fingers to Simon Cowell, hes such a nob.

haha, oh wow. it's always nice when things like this get pulled off. thank you social networking

Just saw this story on nightline. Damn i was headbanging and sculling vodka to this tune god knows how many years ago when it came out. I bet the suicide rate in the UK skyrockets after being subjected to christmas songs like that little dick was parroting. Hats off to Sony, well played.
    Also i'd like to apologise for my country inadvertently starting the whole "pop stars" type show. about 2 years or so before american idol etc started we had a similar show here, and of course the idea got taken, as well as the theme tune. All our "pop stars" are always signing autographs down at the dole office
    Last edited by Jester; 12-21-2009 at 05:28 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

So happy when I heard this; the fact I love Rage Against The Machine helps too but I can't express my hatred for X-Factor enough
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Yeah i think we in UK got in there a tad earlier.
    NZ Idol started in 2004.
    UKs Pop Idol started in 2001.

We have peddled piss to the rest of the world for a long time

Hehe. I think it started before all that even, we had a series called popstars or something back in 98 or 99, they made a fake ass girl band called "true bliss", same formula thats used for all these type of shows. One semi successful album then you never hear of them again eh
    This is NZ talent at its best folks, behold...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmXnSWWtNQw
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

OMG your right. The Southern Hemisphere started all this... Damn you, you crazy upside down people !!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast