Cue point start in Traktor
    Tech Mentor

Default Cue point start in Traktor

Is it possible to start a cue point in sync with the grid of the track?

For Example: I'm playing the middle of a track and I've set a cue point at the end. When I press the cue button, Is it possible to jump at that cue point in sync with the grid (i.e. play the cue point at the next grid line after the button pressure)?

Thank you.

No. That's more something for ableton.. You have two options:

- press your cue button, while holding down the sync button. Then, if there is a small gap in sync, it will be corrected immediateley. The problem: when the gap is too big, you'll hear bananasounds

- the good solution: where you'd press your cue button, set a "cue out". Where the cue button would cue towards, set a "cue in". Now duplicate the track to the other deck, and switch to the other deck when the cue point is reached.

You could alternatively route your midi signals though a midi sequencer, if that's in tight sync with Traktor you can "cue" them to play. Its possible to do this with Ableton, you might find it a bit tricky though as you need experience in midi routing. I actually highly suggests everyone learns how to route midi, just as important as audio routing in our game.

The simple fact is that no program is always going to have the options to do what you want, but tricking the program to do what you want with midi usually works a treat

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    You could alternatively route your midi signals though a midi sequencer, if that's in tight sync with Traktor you can "cue" them to play...
    Could you make me an example?
    Is it possible to route midi signals to Ableton and than play Traktor cue point in sync with beatgrid?

Quote Originally Posted by fcarsana View Post
    Could you make me an example?
    Is it possible to route midi signals to Ableton and than play Traktor cue point in sync with beatgrid?
    Yeah it is, you trigger a midi clip in Ableton that plays a note on the 1st bar. This gets send out of Ableton and into Traktor, the midi message sent from Ableton is assigned to that cue point. You can program cue juggles like this too in a piano roll