Virtual DJ VS Tractor Pro - Why not ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dead_devil_66 View Post
    i can download it easily through torrents. Awesome
    i dont think 'sold' was the right word to use then lol

The cracked versions of VDJ that get thrown around all over the interwebs are modified demo versions. Those cracks lack alot of features, are unstable as hell because of the changed code and some even had a nice bug programmed in that randomly gave a high pitched noise on the speakers, also stalling the pc. I wouldnt judge VDJ on those cracks, just try out the official 20 day trial. If thats not enough time to get sold, the teamers over at virtualdj even grant a extra trial time period.

jus´ sayin´
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    The cracked versions of VDJ that get thrown around all over the interwebs are modified demo versions. Those cracks lack alot of features, are unstable as hell because of the changed code and some even had a nice bug programmed in that randomly gave a high pitched noise on the speakers, also stalling the pc. I wouldnt judge VDJ on those cracks, just try out the official 20 day trial. If thats not enough time to get sold, the teamers over at virtualdj even grant a extra trial time period.

jus´ sayin´
    i was just joking

but good tips, indeed

I used to be an absolutely avid VDJ user, but made the happy switch to Traktor once I realised it's a much more robust, well written program. It runs MUCH MORE economically. I would run VDJ on my QuadCore 2.6 4GB Ram and still get latency pops etc... Switching to Traktor - problem solved! brilliant!

Tech Wizard

Don't thinking about VDJ too much...
    If It's not good or cannot sold genuine software.... then
    It cannot stay until Version 6..
    It's up to there Vision
    ..I'm a musician .. I play piano over 15 years...Drums .... some keyboard synth...
    First time I saw VST I knew...it's a Future of music and It's tech growing so fast...
    When I saw a New technology New way of music I'm Feel Happy and excited and I tried..to them but for someone they think It's fake it's not Cool.....this is what's different

Tech Convert

Default I started this thread and ater 1 month I will close it

Hi all
    I started this post and you would never believe the end of the story:

After 1 month of troubleshooting virtual DJ's crashes I realised how wrong I was about it.

My VCI-100 caused the VDJ to crash every few hours , but I assume it would crash with any other controllers as well , after 1 month of troubleshooting I gave up and asked them for full refund.
    The simple fact was that they couldn't find the cause for the crashes, and at the end just stopped replying to my requests for help in their ticket system. This made me quite annoyed and I complained in their open forum so it is open for everybody to see my case.
    They literally replied within 1 hour and I was quite surprised as in their ticket system which should be main priority the reply time was 2-3 days.
    after my few more posts and companies they deleted every post I made and now even blocked my professional membership account which I paid for.

Virtual DJ literally ROBBED ME.

Within their trial period I didn't have the VCI-100 controller and I really regret that as I would have known I shouldn't buy it

Few things everybody should know about Virtual DJ
    1. The netsearch doesn't work for most EU countries and they want extra money (£8-10 per month) for something that doesn't even work.
    2. Unstable with VCI-100 - random crashes.
    3. It will freeze/crash if you apply 2-3 effects at the same time.
    4. They don't respect their own EULA which states if the software is found to be defective you get full refund.
    5. If you complain they will delete your posts and later block you account.

My simple advice is :
    Don't buy it!!!

If you don't believe make sure you trial it as much as you can during the 30 days and I am sure you will see what I complain about.

I have been running itch, serato, traktor pro and vdj, I basically have all the software I need but as much as I love traktor it gave me more errors and problems then vdj. I had initially bought VDJ for video dj'ing because serato video software was buggy as hell but now I'm actually thinking about switching completely to vdj for mixing, I have the ns7 and vci-100(arcade edition) and it runs smooth, coupled with my rme fireface 400.

The new VDJ 7 will truly support up to 99 decks and they will revamp the syncing and will launch their new EQ system.

Here's the new features:

- True multi deck (up to 99 decks).

- New "advanced" sound config panel
    - Improved "advanced" timestretch algorithm

- Support "linein" input in sound config, complete with waveform display, effects, bpm sync, on-the-fly record, etc

- Support "microphone" input in sound config, with effects, record, etc

- New soundengine with three timestretch modes: "pure scratch", "fast" and "advanced"

- New "fullscreen" browser mode

- Improved video engine, with optimized faster H.264 decoding

- Support midi over firewire for controllers (IE Stanton DJ controllers)

And from what I hear it will be endorsed by Pioneer and Denon.

I can't wait.

I love VDJ. Don't get me wrong, Traktor has a good deal of features that are superior... but VDJ has its areas of strength too.

One is the mix preview window. You can see both waveforms, in time, and that's very handy to have. Video mixing is great too and most controllers that are compatible with Traktor also work with VDJ (and vice versa). FX are a little weaker, but you have a lot of available plugins and custom skins for VDJ, which helps to compensate. The key detection is an amazing feature and really helps me out when I'm spinning trance, where matching the keys is incredibly important.

The database is implemented differently, but it's roughly equal in capability. The only big drawback to VDJ is having to run two instances to use 4 decks. That is very annoying.. but I hear that's being addressed in VDJ 7.

I do a lot of streaming on various internet radio stations as practice, when I'm light on gigs. And VDJ is vastly superior to Traktor for this if only because Shoutcast support is built in. One could argue that Traktor's Icecast functionality is actually superior... but it's also not supported anywhere near as much as Shoutcast is, so for streaming on most stations, you pretty much have to go VDJ.

Now I'm not knocking Traktor... I use both programs. I just tend to use Traktor more in a studio environment. NI rules the roost in that arena. Output quality is a hair better in Traktor, and you can sync it with pretty much anything. For streaming and video, I go with VDJ, and for most of my club gigs, I use VDJ as well, though if I'm doing a lot of live performing (on the synth and in ableton) in addition to spinning, I'll sometimes use Traktor. They both have their places, I think. Can't wait for VDJ7, that's for sure.

Tech Convert

Default VirtualDJ only make things that are BETA

99 decks wow . I wonder how many problems they will have with all these if they can't even make 2 of them stable.

I will tell you what is the main difference between VirtualDJ and traktor :

VirtualDJ looks nice with extra video support and samples , but unstable and practicaly useless (maybe good only for a gig in a bedroom)

Traktor has everything apart from the video support + extra effect that for a change sound nice and the samples will be added with the new S4 controller coming out soon + it is 100% reliable and usable for a real gig.

Since I switched I haven't had a single crash.

The only thing I can complain is the midi mapping

VirtualDJ follows the programing coding similiar to javascript and PHP so you can do almost anything you want and it is all stored in simple XML file

Traktor has small window that cannot be resized.
    can get lost easy because every function is a new line.
    Cannot combine functions and options for the same button so for example if you want to make a buton do somehting like :
    if the deck is playing , in loop and
    M1 = 1(controlling deck A), M1 = 2(controlling deck C)
    M2 = 1 The jog wheel will controll the loop length
    M3 = 1The jog wheel will move the loop

It is impossible because each midi mapping line only can have only 2 modifiers for each function

The samples are very important , but I am sure the new version will include them. about the video I am sure they are working on it and will include it once it is stable, unlike VirtualDJ which leave the beta testing to their customers.

Hope they go out of business soon.
    Sorry for my attitude, but just can't stand the fact that I am $300 out of pocket , my account is blocked , the posts on their forums about my experience have been deleted and they are well protected behind their terms and conditions.

Virtual DJ the best Beta software that doesn't work.

If there is even a sinlge person that is not paid by VirtualDJ and can confirm that he uses VirtualDJ for real gigs with at least 1000 people, I will give him my serial number for free

just check the midi fight club report on the frontpage. i used VDJ in front of roughly 1200 people. Look at at the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acKow...layer_embedded

Do you have a link to the locked thread?

VDJ is all about the right performance settings, i got it running on a 1.2 ghz atom netbook with all audio effects on!

Netsearch is blocked by a few countries and their ISP. Get your info before purchasing i would assume. They even state that in their EULA, too. I tried it, it works.

Its not that VDJ is the unstable part in your setup, its the vci´s driver. Something with the way the sysexid is implented in the driver. This is a well known issue for vci 100 users. But normally here´s what they do:

Is it in your case the same, that only the controller stops working but the audio keeps playing?

Unplug the VCI. Replug. Go to config,mappers, check for new devices.

BTW, no posts get deleted, only raised to pro or premium member level. Make sure you log into the forum, as a NLU u wont see your post if its raised. Again, do you have a link to your thread?
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL