Virtual DJ VS Tractor Pro - Why not ? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

I don't really use too many effects in mixes LMAO , it's more of an obsession of getting everything out of vdj possible.

The eq is called "minimal systems instruments - ultimate 3 band", they no longer sell it due to all the warez links on the internet, so use your immagination of how to get it.

here's a screenshot of the popout, although you don't need to see that to use it.

to map it just use this

LOW

effect "ultimate 3 band" active on & effect "ultimate 3 band" slider 3 & fake_eq_low

MID
    effect "ultimate 3 band" active on & effect "ultimate 3 band" slider 5 & fake_eq_mid

HIGH
    effect "ultimate 3 band" active on & effect "ultimate 3 band" slider 1 & fake_eq_high

you should also set the frequency cutoff and you are sorted, with a perfect eq better sounding than my djm600, It will even change the skins knob. but be warned it doesn't work in conjunction with timecode on my gig machine, for that you need to use the native one but midi HID is perfect..
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Oooosh! (fires up bit torrent ...)

it's all over zippyshare, rapid share etc...

i've found on vdj that when you backspin on a controller there is a noticable lag before the track resumes playing, is there a way to get around this? it's not my controller cos in traktor the problem isn't there, but i prefer to use vdj as it's just so much easier to do stuff...

Tech Mentor

Default vdj

I have used a legit version of vdj inc the latest one, i use it if i ever have to compare and no need to mix.It does not come close to Traktor or Serato as a main digital system.
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

the jog has to stop spinning and your hand needs to be off the touch platter before the track will start again, if your not using a touch platter the jog has to stop and there will be a noticable delay anyway... the only way around it is to use the backspin plugin.

if you have a pro licence you can also download to "registry tool" to change the scratch performance so it cuts faster and sharper.

set the default scratch latency to at or below 1020, mine is around 970

Tech Mentor

by TRACTOR PRO do you mean John Deere's new green and yellow software???

Tech Mentor

I started with Virtual DJ demo-ish version. I liked it for a bit, the best thing about it was the video mixing but it wasn't that great. The effects are cheesy. So now that I have Traktor, I don't have video capabilities but that's ok, I think if I really wanted to do some video mixing I will be going to Serato.
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

i had tried the pro trial for 2 days and had the time coded vinyls working for 2 hours and it started lagging and popping so i uninstalled it and reinstalled ( stupid me) i lost my pro trial. i had called and talked to vdj and they said that, that was it. i wasnt gonna get anymore time to use. so they had recommended that i download the vdj home free and i could use the pro features for 10 minuets before it shuts off my stanton djc.4 and timecode vinyls. i have traktor but it doesnt work well with my djc.4 and it wont pick up my timecode vinyls. vdj for the win

I'm really looking forward to what VDJ comes up with in version 8; if the Mac version is up to snuff I may buy it and say goodbye to Traktor.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789