Virtual DJ VS Tractor Pro - Why not ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

I tried Tractor Pro and cant find any function that VDJ doesn't have , but I find few on VDJ that Traktor Pro doesn't have like waveforms overlapping , video mixxing ofcourse , skin support , better song organization (history , most played , compatible songs)

What about true 4-deck support in TP and double instances with VDJ? TP wins.
    How about Eans freeze trick. Or even a delay as effect? I cant think off anything else that VDJ cant do.

Dont get me wrong, i love my VDJ and wouldnt wanna trade, but honestly there are a few things where TP just wins. And there are points for VDJ also, like as you mentioned, the skin support, video, sampler, the overlapping waveforms (which i dont use nomore, mine lokks like ssl) and much more. A worthy competition IMHO
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Yeah true I like that little sampler bank you get down the bottom in VDJ!

I really don't know why Numark sells VDJ as "Numark Cue" though, bit of a rip?
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

true, they kinda shot their own leg. But thats their business plan, cooperating with other companies and let them use the base of the program, like ejay mixstation, Numark Cue or Virtual Vinyl.

As Atomix is a web-based company they did need the help of a settled hardware marketer like numark to get into stores in a physicall form.

Numark Cue is essentially the same as VDJ or Virtual Vinyl. Only differences are:

VDJ is a web-release, cant be bought in stores,

Numark Cue is VDJ, but sold in stores and getting updates later cause numark checks them first,

and Virtual Vinyl is like Numark Cue, but with a dedicated soundcard like SSL.

I think its a nice idea, that way people that dont buy ish online can get vdj too.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

I originally had VirtualDJ 5.2 and loved it. I learned how to DJ on it, and it inspired me to buy my TotalControl. But I wanted the Midi Mapping features in Traktor, which is why I switched. But now there is VDJ 6.0, with the new MIDI features and all. I try to use traktor, but as said before, I can't seem to get away from VDJ because its easy interface is what I learned on.
    DJBK - 18 yr old DJ from NY -Asus G74SX w/ Core i7 2630QM 12GB RAM -DDM4000 -TTXUSB -DN-S1200 -MPD32 - Novation Twitch (custom mapped for road gigs)

"It’s not love for music, it’s a passion, and it goes beyond liking, and beyond a hobby, it’s about a way of living… Music is essential for my life." - Armin Van Buuren

Default VDJ 6 PRO is BADA$$$$!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Traktor has it in the FX dept. , but that's all.

Vinyl control is tight as hell with SSL TC, and even better with the SCS.

I was very surpised with the perfromance when i started using 6. I was just like everybody else. Writing it off as "that" program everybody fooled around with on their computer. It ain't like that anymore. This is a serious DVS, and as I said already, the midi controll is even better.

One area it beats Traktor is vinyl control, YES I SAID THAT!, due in part to the ability to easily go into the pref and adjust the sensitivity quickly.

Tech Mentor

Yeah and you also get the option to use several different timecode signals, and any soundcard you damn well please unlike scratch live. I'm not going to switch anytime soon though

Quote Originally Posted by transient View Post
    I do miss the corny beatgrid effect on VDJ though LOL
    although the effects on traktor pro sound much better than vdj, I also miss the beatgrid effect. I think I will fiddle with the "beatslicer" settings to see if i can recreate that tacky but fun pattern.

Tech Convert

advancd Midi maping is not an issue with VDJ anymore, also not havinf samples in tractor pro is a big step back!.
    About the effect have you tried all VDJ effects? There are plenty to use and love
    I wonder why Ean hasn't put his hands on this software yet and create some nice mapping and some cool DJtechschool skin

Tech Convert

Also just remembered. Have you noticed when using traktor and pitch bend the sound cuts for a milisecond before it restores the original tempo and it doesn't restore it smoothly like in vdj.
    I find this really non vinyl. Same thing done with VDJ sound amazing.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast