Modding my Allen & Heath XONE 4D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Modding my Allen & Heath XONE 4D

Hi.

I want to MOD my 4D with more LED buttons and arcade buttons to trigger stuff.

Im very new to electronics and am scared if i open up my £1,300 mixer and start cutting holes in it and re-wiring it i could be partaking in a very expensive experiment of which i dont know the outcome.

Im based in the UK. Are there any bods about that someone could direct me to to help?

Allen & Heath forums aren't too active so i thought this would be a good place to start.

Thanks

Having just gotten a 4D I can't express how much I would cringe if you started cutting into it...

Why not simply add more controllers with buttons (such as a Midifighters) and/or LEDs, which you could then mod and not risk destroying your 4D if it goes wrong? That's what I've got my Akai MPD-18 for, which I'm going to open up in the spring and have a play with
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Sorry but there is now way I would be touching my Xone 4D, the thought of damaging £1400 worth of gear is a no no :-)

on top of that the missus has bought me a 1D for xmas so I definately don't need extra buttons.

I also wouldn't recommend you to mod your xone. Try with smaller and cheaper gear first, or try to make a controller yourself (there are a lot of threads about that here).

And good luck with any of your future projects.

going to have to join the groups opinion on avoiding the mod to the 4d.

a great way to add some functionality to your set up, and get your modding fix is to build your own custom controller.

http://www.halemicro.com/Products/Pr...FShGagodfRYOKg

Tech Wizard

How about you just give me your 4D before you break it, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it good!
    13.3" Macbook Aluminum
    Novation Nio Audio Interface
    Novation Remote SL Zero
    M-Audio X-Session Pro
    Traktor Duo

hahahaha....

ok point taken!

Im really new to this sort of stuff....

My problem is understanding feedback...

What i mean is visual feedback is the main thing for me. The XONE:4D although its awesome has so little visual feedback.

I need some more slap buttons like arcade buttons and some more light up buttons.

I currently use a XONE92, Korg Nano pad, Nano Control, Behringer BCF, Midi Keyboard and Foot pedal.

I wanted to consolidate all my gear into one controller rather than having to reach for stuff and bringing millions of stands for all my gear... thats the reason behind wanting to mod..

I want to build a controller but wouldnt know where to start... Like i said i need to make sure that each LED button on my controller would respond to a clip being on or off or i could customise it to respond in different ways...

Can i buy LED arcade buttons and is this all possible?

Thanks

Tech Wizard

I know more equipment probably isnt the answer, but if your trying to consolidate into one or two pieces...from what you're saying you need I would recommend looking into the Akai APC40. It has the exact functionality your looking for in terms of LED buttons and pads. Check it out.

[][][][]
    13.3" Macbook Aluminum
    Novation Nio Audio Interface
    Novation Remote SL Zero
    M-Audio X-Session Pro
    Traktor Duo

The thing i like about the APC is that i kind does what i need in terms of LEDs like you say....

The thing i dont like about the APC is that it has FAR too much for what i need. Too many controls, too big and too expensive because of it...

Im learning its important to simplify gear and solutions into 1 or 2 things... which is why i bought the 4D...

Im beginning to think it may not be the right thing for the job!?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by apricotandpearjam View Post
    Can i buy LED arcade buttons and is this all possible?
    Thanks
    http://hacknmod.com/hack/diy-xbox-36...de-controller/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast