Mission Complete!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Mission Complete!

Well guys, after 4 years of putting it off, the traktor collection is FINALLY all organised, processed with MiK+PN, gridded (even all the vinyl D&B), trimmed down by about half, and given a jolly good coffee colonic. I know i'm not the only one doing a massive re-organisation mission, how are some of you others going?

Give that man a cigar.
    Last edited by Jester; 12-22-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Congrats!

I don;t really collect music.....in this fashion.

But my Blog MP3's are fucking messy. I am just messing with them at the mo.

When I decide on the set.....I will Beatport and they will be sorted as they get loaded onto my machine.

But yeah.....i can see many of my mates sitting with the same problem soon.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Yeah hopefully will be able to keep on top of it all now. Actually the biggest part was deleting all the shit and low q stuff, i musta deleted 1500 tunes or so for sure.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Right now I just play the music I remember from my car's CD collection and old "Rave Research" (I download a lot of music everytime I go to a rave with good line-up), I have like 30GB of Psytrance (tracks and sets) loaded on traktor.

I will need to do that organization stuff when I feel that I'm ready to leave my bedroom, rightnow I just choose and grid musics on the fly and I don't MiK yet, but your mission is def. on my future plans

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Right now I just play the music I remember from my car's CD collection and old "Rave Research" (I download a lot of music everytime I go to a rave with good line-up), I have like 30GB of Psytrance (tracks and sets) loaded on traktor.

I will need to do that organization stuff when I feel that I'm ready to leave my bedroom, rightnow I just choose and grid musics on the fly and I don't MiK yet, but your mission is def. on my future plans
    I don;t get why people keep all this old Psy?

I know the shelf life is REAL short anyways....but i play it once or twice....and thats about it really.

Then again.....i don;t play THAT often.

I keep what i REALLY like....but thats also only like a season or 2 old.

I hope you buy those Psytrance trax mate.....Many of the producers are personal friends....so....its a thing thats close to home. I see how they must survive.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'm currently going through everything I have. Track. By. Track.

15000 songs in total to start with. I cleared my Traktor collection (backed it up of course) and began listening to tracks in iTunes, tagging the genre and the subgenre, making sure it has been run through MiK, and then putting it in Traktor. I have been doing this since October, and other than online promo's I haven't bought any new music. I have around 1400 songs left to go through, which should take me a week, mainly because of the holidays. I found myself taking every one in 9 songs, on average. I have a lot of stuff I've bought at the discount record stores and on a whim that ended up sucking, or REALLY quickly falling out of my rotation. So, well, still, around 1700 songs of definite spinnable songs across a bunch of genres (Industrial, Dark Electro, Trance, Electro, Dark Trance [Hardstyle and Gabber], goth and Psy) I should be able to hold my own.

When I import them I'm gridding them, and putting as many cue points as I can. If I have bought them on CD since I've gotten them off of eMusic, or ripped them a long time ago, I'm also re-reripping the CDs. I've also realized how much music iTunes is not accepting, so for now this stuff isn't getting added, and I'll re-rip it later. The next step is to go through all my CDs and make sure all the ones I want there are there.

I have two days off next week, so I think I'm going to order in some chicken wings, drink some beer all day, and finish this up. And this week, my holiday money is going toward around $300 in new music to both catch myself up on eMusic purchases I want the full copies of and to get some new Psy.

woooooo
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    processed with MiK+PN
    How does mix in key works?
    Does it add tags on the files with the key so you can see the tags in traktor?
    ... or do you need to open MiK along with traktor to see the key?

btw what is PN?

I just a month ago ran everything through PN and now have to retag, reallign and/ or regrid EVERYTHING.
    So far I'm doing okay, whenever I mix I take a few new ones and tag them. That way I get a bit of work done and don't get too fed up with tagging. Still, 44GB is a BIG piece of work ahead of me.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    How does mix in key works?
    Does it add tags on the files with the key so you can see the tags in traktor?
    ... or do you need to open MiK along with traktor to see the key?

btw what is PN?
    Mixed in Key writes to the tag. You can have it write to most different places, but also to the Key tag that is view-able in Traktor.

PN is Platinum Notes, which is a software that "fixes" your tracks so their levels are normalized, andit will fix pitch irregularities so they fit in the key more directly.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Mixed in Key writes to the tag. You can have it write to most different places, but also to the Key tag that is view-able in Traktor.

PN is Platinum Notes, which is a software that "fixes" your tracks so their levels are normalized, andit will fix pitch irregularities so they fit in the key more directly.
    I think I'll give a try to MiK

I don't know about PN. Normalizing yes, smoothing clipped peaks that shouldn't be necessary, but changing pitch and dynamics... hmmm I not sure about that... maybe on recorded vinyls... What's your experience with it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast