Focusrite Liquid Mix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Focusrite Liquid Mix

Anyone have one? I just ordered one today, should be here by Monday... Looking like it has some really nice emulators in it.

Check it out...
    http://www.focusrite.com/products/liquid/liquid_mix/

Tech Mentor

It is amazing, however I had issues because I only have one firewire port and I use FW audio interface. So I ended up selling. It really is a nice addition to a studio

I have been eyeing this off for a while and would like to buy one sometime down the track. Theres some really nice emulations and it doubles for reducing the CPU because the processing isnt done by your CPU - which is extremely useful if your anything like me and always putting some serious load on your CPU.

Tech Convert

Have it. Also have Focusrite FW soundcard and PowerCore FW unit.... 3 Heavy FW units, but i got an extra FW card for the Expresscard slot on the Macbook and now it works pretty good. Having all those Comp's and EQ's at your DSP-fingertips is awesome!

well I only have 2 firewire ports on my mac thats in my studio, a 400 and an 800... I bought a wire that goes from 400 to 800 to use with the Liquid Mix. I already use the 400 port for my sound card. so the 800 was open and i am gonna use the Liquid Mix in that port...

It gets here today and I cannot wait to hook this thing up... I plan on taking all the tracks from my upcoming full length album and mixing them down again with this!!!

Tech Mentor

you will love the device. It really does a fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by mtvstinks View Post
    you will love the device. It really does a fantastic job.
    what are you using for a limiter? I have the W1 which is basically the same as Waves L1. Its really good, but not sure if i should be trying something else since i will be using the Liquid Mix for EQ and compression. My friend who convinced me to get the Liquid Mix uses the L# from Waves...

here is the link to the W1 - http://www.yohng.com/w1limit.html

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    well I only have 2 firewire ports on my mac thats in my studio, a 400 and an 800... I bought a wire that goes from 400 to 800 to use with the Liquid Mix. I already use the 400 port for my sound card. so the 800 was open and i am gonna use the Liquid Mix in that port...

It gets here today and I cannot wait to hook this thing up... I plan on taking all the tracks from my upcoming full length album and mixing them down again with this!!!
    Well, the problem with that is that you will use both your devices on the same FW-bus. It depends on what mac you have, but im pretty sure you have only one bus but 2 fw ports. Its like that for me, and thats why i got the card

Be sure to see how it works in your setup. If you get problems, just add an aditional card

Quote Originally Posted by dieselj View Post
    Well, the problem with that is that you will use both your devices on the same FW-bus. It depends on what mac you have, but im pretty sure you have only one bus but 2 fw ports. Its like that for me, and thats why i got the card

Be sure to see how it works in your setup. If you get problems, just add an aditional card
    Works fine how i did it... not sure how. I read stories on the web of lots of people having problems, but it somehow is working... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" lol so i'm not gonna fuck with why its working...

So now i just gotta figure out where to start with this thing....lol

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    what are you using for a limiter? I have the W1 which is basically the same as Waves L1. Its really good, but not sure if i should be trying something else since i will be using the Liquid Mix for EQ and compression. My friend who convinced me to get the Liquid Mix uses the L# from Waves...

here is the link to the W1 - http://www.yohng.com/w1limit.html
    Thanks for this tip, bro'!

Always loved the L1 on my PC, but could not get round to obtaining it on mac.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast