Traktor pro difficulties
    Tech Student

Default Traktor pro difficulties

Hey guys,

Ive recently purchased Traktor pro and I have a BCD-3000 controller. Everything installed fine and Trakor itself is working. But I can't manipulate it with my controller even through when I press buttons in the BCD-3000 the blue MIDI sign on Trakor's interface is highlighted :S. Im not using a soundcard, just my laptop speakers. Im guessing I have a problem with the audio-preferences but as Im new to DJing I dont really know where to start.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheeeeeeeeeers

Tech Mentor

Go into preferences and select your laptop souncard instead of the bcd 3000... but you will loose the ability to cue with your headphones as you will use the bcd only as a midi controller.

If you press the buttons on your bcd and nothing happens is because you have to open the mapping for that controller. You do that in the preferences too. There's a folder on traktor with mappings for different controllers.

If not you can download the mapping from behringer's cd/website or create yours.

Tech Student

cheers man, ive got the first part done, just not sure about the mappings.
    I was going to download someones BCD-3000 mapping off the forum, how would I get that on to my Traktor programme?

Tech Mentor

Use the IMPORT function in Traktor preferences to import the TSI file.

You'll also need to set the midi input and output ports in Traktor's controller manager section, depending on the tsi file.
    Make sure to check the instructions supplied with the TSI files, it should say how they've got everything mapped out for you and which mode you want the BCD in for the LEDs to work.

You want to get the BCD hooked up to an amp or some active speakers really and use the BCD ASIO driver instead of using the laptop speakers. Then you'll be able to monitor cueing with the headphones connected to the BCD and use the BCD inputs for external devices.

ChefT's forum is quite good for BCD stuff btw http://raritiesvault.net/bcd3000/index.php
    and there's a few tsi's posted on the NI forums to help get u started.