Ni Traktor Pro Problems
    Tech Student

Default Ni Traktor Pro Problems

Hi there,
    I´ve just registered to this forum, because i did not find a solution to my problems with Traktor Pro and i hope somebody can help me.

First :
    My Laptop is a Dell Studio 1555 with an Intel Dual Core 2.1Ghz, 4gb Ram and Win7 64 bit.
    The Interface is the Saffire from Focusrite with the latest drivers and external power supply.
    My Controllers are Korg Nanokontrol and Nanopad. Traktor is also up-to-date.

The Problems :
    When i run Traktor with Saffire and Nanos plugged in, the pc shows me a bluescreen right after starting the first track and then it reboots.
    If i unplug the nanos and i run Traktor only with the saffire it works about 10 mins and then the pc crashes (bluescreen).

Any Solutions ?

Regards and Merry Christmas,
    Sebastian

in b4 get a mac.

I'm kididng. I'm a pc user myself. I feel that people would be much happier with their PC's if they understood the problems that come up.

Okay Seb. BSODs are caused by RAM problems 70% of the time. To troubleshoot: take out all but 1 stick of ram, turn on and try traktor again. Problem still persists? Replace that RAM stick with a different one. Rinse and repeat until you know that all the sticks will run traktor properly. Generally laptops will have 2 sticks. That's a simple switch. If you have 8 sticks or some other ungodly number, these steps will be rather lengthy and tedious. So grab a glass of eggnog, add some cinnamon, and stir it with the broken RAM stick you sniffed out, you snarky God of the BSOD, you. You earned it.
    MIDI/Effects : Korg KP3 + MIDI-Fighter + SF4 Fight Stick
    Mixer: Behringer DXJ-700
    Card : Stanton ScratchAMP
    Software : Traktor Pro

The other 30% is a mix between registry problems and driver issues.

I would also note that you are running Win7 with 4GB of RAM. You don't need it. Format and install 32 bit Win7. It will see up to 8GB AND you won't have driver issues. People get antsy when they have 4GB of RAM and install 64bit OS's. In XP 64-bit there was a limitation that only allowed it to recognize ~3GB of RAM. However, that's been changed with W7. W7 can see 8GB in 32-bit. So yeah.

Registry issues can be difficult to diagnose, but there is software to clean registry files to get everything running smoothly. NOTE: Don't get anything that you know about via a popup ad. >.>

Another problem is that Alesis/focusrite come up with really crappy drivers. Have a look at this nonetheless:

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/...le.php?id=1030
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Another problem is that Alesis/focusrite come up with really crappy drivers. Have a look at this nonetheless:

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/...le.php?id=1030
    What he said.