Novation launchpad Mod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Novation launchpad Mod

Hi, new to this site. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it'd be possible to take one of the rows of buttons running down the side of the launchpad & convert them to rotary faders?

Thanks

Tech Mentor

you will need 3 connections, for each rotary knob... if im right then there might be three 2 for the button and 1 for the led? possibly but im not positive..

Tech Guru

Cool, thanks. But Im not gonna buy one til Im dead sure it can be done. Anyone else know if it can be done? Also, I'd like one of the rotary faders to be an endless knob. Would that make a difference?

Thanks

Tech Guru

If someone could pull this off, mad props, I'd buy one just to do it. Unfortunately, no idea personally if it can be done. :/

Tech Guru

Anyone?

Tech Mentor

You could build your own. Or you could buy one already complete.

http://www.lividinstruments.com/hardware_diy.php

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mtvstinks View Post
    You could build your own. Or you could buy one already complete.

http://www.lividinstruments.com/hardware_diy.php
    This is what I wanted to do from the start really. Im happy to give it a go but I can you tell me what midi mother board thing I'd need that will enable me to have enough buttons and dials? Also, how hard would it be to have the LEDs.
    Also, if anyone does know if the launchpad can be modified that would be awesome cos that particular unit is a nice size & weight, plus the fact its got the LED enabled buttons is a bonus.

Cheers
    Last edited by dodge; 12-27-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Tech Guru

Bump.

I really wanna do this mod, I think it's a better solution than building my own as everything is already there, all I need are some rotary faders. If anyone knows if swapping the buttons for rotary faders is doable please let me know. I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks

Tech Mentor

Im not sure but rotarys and faders have 3 connections. The ground, the input and the power supply.Buttons usually just have 2 connections. Seeing as how the novation can sense velocity there might be another connection but im not to sure how that works.

http://www.illuminatedsounds.com/?p=583 shows a launchpad taken apart. I think itd be quite the mod to add faders or rotaries to it.

Have you checked out the nanokontrol for your fader and rotary needs?

the launchpad buttons aren't velocity sensitive.

even if you wire a pot up to the button wires, i believe you would just have a pot that works at 0 and full.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast