Midi controller Pre Mapped before using? (MPD 24 and others)
    Tech Mentor

Default Midi controller Pre Mapped before using? (MPD 24 and others)

Just wondering if anyone knows what the issue is here with some of my midi controllers. hopefully its a simple and easily fixed problem.

but when i link up my midi controllers from new out of the box some of the bottons on them seem to be pre mapped so to speak. for instance the other say i bought (new) a akia mpd40 and wen just on traktor scratch went to see to map one button to get a feel of it. i then started to notice that some of the buttons are already triggered for some reason. some buttons i noticed triggering the the filter on and off. this has happened to my midi keyboard when i first got it though oni happened on a couple of buttons so i chose jsut not to map those buttons. any one any advice on what the problem is? im sure it is probably somethign easy but im not the best when it comes to technical terms of midi etc lol

thanks

Most controllers will have a standard preset midi map with them.TBH they all suck balls. I know this seems extreme but a good way to learn midi maps is to start with a completely blank tsi and just start with learrning the basic transport controls for now: Play, Pause, XF, etc. Its really not that hard just takes a bit of practise mate. There are also some great easy to follow tutorials here, i know they helped me out heaps. Welcome to djtt btw & merry xmas
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

thanks man.

I am using my midi controllers with traktor pro and i always start from blank to customise my own midi controllers (as for some reason i love mapping lol) and even when traktor says no midi has been assigned to anything and i have deleted lt my midi mapping they still seem to be triggering something in traktor. i will give some of these tutprials a blast sure but thanks for the response
    merry xmas

just realised there after properly trying to properly map my new mdp24 and after deleting all other maps to every controller i have that pads 13, 14, 15, 16 are all coming through as the same note when assigning them and therefore these 4 pads are onli acting as one in pad bank B of the midi controller, but it is fine in pad bank A and can be assigned to all 4 pads. HELP!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by manus; 12-25-2009 at 07:27 AM.

It sounds like the midi configuration needs to be edited from the controller level. fire up the vyzx editor or whatever its called and make sure all pads have different notes. This can also be done from the menu of the controller itself, however I only got to borrow the controller so did not learn how its done