NI running out of boxes or just a shipping mistake?
    Tech Wizard

Default NI running out of boxes or just a shipping mistake?

Hi

I posted this also on the NI forum, but thought that also posting my problem here could have been a good idea.

I own Traktor Scratch (so I already have timecode and the audio 8) and I purchased the Traktor Scratch Pro Software Upgrade (this: http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...redi rected=1) to be able to upgrade.

Now the funny thing: I received from NI a box with "Traktor Pro" written on it and a yellow stripe telling "only for traktor users, NOT for traktor scratch users" ... and I'm like "what the hell, did I order the wrong product?"... i immediately check the invoice, and luckily I did order the correct product (the one I linked above)... it just seems that NI f*cked up the shipment.

Funny thing #2: after cursing for an hour (I just wanted to start using Scratch Pro ASAP) I realised that on the bottom of the box, the sticker where the serial number is says "Traktor Scratch PRO COM UPG INT" ... so I'm like "what the hell, I received a Traktor PRO package with a serial sticker which says Traktor Scratch Pro Upgrade?"...

I AM CONFUSED.

Is it NI that just ran out of boxes for xmas, so they took what they had and put the correct sticker for activation on the package (since, if I am not wrong, the software is basically the same, you just need a serial to activate the "Scratch" part) and so everything is fine, or did they make a mistake?
    Now, of course I will not open the seal before talking to NI, but I just wanted to know if this has happened before to anyone else, or like someone working for NI could ensure me that I got the correct product....or the wrong one.

Thanks

Luca

Tech Wizard

closing the thread by saying that NI told me that they send some wrong boxes but that inside i would have found the correct product. Which is actually true.