Setting up for playing in a club ? Traktor SP, audio 8, RMX
    Tech Student

Default Setting up for playing in a club ? Traktor SP, audio 8, RMX

Hey guys,
    I got my first club gig coming up, I want to use my macbook pro, traktor scratch pro, audio 8 dj, cables that came with TSP and a Hercules RMX.

How am I going to set this up ? I guess the club will have the normal CDJS and Mixer. I have another dj coming after me so we are going to have to manage a clean transition.

I dont want to arrive there and be missing the correct cables to play in the club or have trouble letting the dj play after me who DOESNT use a computer transition without disconnecting the sound lol.

Thank you for your time.

Tech Mentor

Just set it up the same as you have it set up at home? The transition is up to the other DJ so I wouldn't worry yourself too much. All he has to do is just cue and beatmatch on another CDJ or TT that's not in use and fade into it.

Some DJ's prefer to start fresh at the end of one DJ's set and the beginning of there's, I certainly do. You want the crowd to notice the change in DJ don't you? Personal preference anyways.

Tech Mentor

Well, set up as usual... unplug the clubs cdjs and plug in your multicore and off you go. If you want a clean transition, plug one of the cdjs back into the mixer, let the next dj drop his first tune, and then plug the other cdj back in.

Tech Student

Thanks for your quick replies,

but could I use both the CDJs, mixer AND my RMX controller to my decks ??