one turntable, one mixer and TSP
    Tech Wizard

Default one turntable, one mixer and TSP

will it be possible to do a little set with just one turntable and have the other deck running as 'audio through' in traktor. I want to be able to cue the track with the turntable and then use the turntable again to cue the next track.
    I'm not too sure how i would do this?
    2 x Technics 1210 mk2, 2 x Ortofon Concorde Pro S, Ecler Nuo 2.0, Sennheiser HD-25 II, VCI-100 SE, Audio 8 DJ, Traktor Scratch Pro

http://soundcloud.com/jainsy/jainsy-...from-this-week

Tech Mentor

Not sure about the audio through business, you'd probably just leave it on internal or whatever it's actually called. Just mix in the next track with your turntable, once you're done then use deck duplicate function to move that track over to the other deck. Alternatively, just use the deck focus - it's possible to use one turntable to control two decks, although it can get confusing.

Tech Wizard

i've seen my friend do a whole gig like that in SSL. I dont have a clue how he did it. How would i EQ though if I used internal mode?
    2 x Technics 1210 mk2, 2 x Ortofon Concorde Pro S, Ecler Nuo 2.0, Sennheiser HD-25 II, VCI-100 SE, Audio 8 DJ, Traktor Scratch Pro

Simple,

- Assign the turntable to deck A and the mixer to deck A and B.
    - Have the crossfader on deck A and the volume faders fully open.
    - Drag the title of the song in deck A to deck B (what it will do is copy the track on deck A to deck B).
    - Quickly move the crossfader to deck B.
    - Stop deck A and load a new song.
    - Cue it, mix it, etc.
    - Stop deck B and copy deck A to deck B again.

Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Wizard

I've just had an idea.
    Would it be possible to set-up a shortcut to changeover the timecode input and assign it to a different deck ??? Similar to what you can do in options -> timecode setup -> assign to deck??

You can do this (I've done it) but this is not recommended and is a pain in the ass to be honest. As soon as you virtually disconnect the turntable from your deck, the pitch changes for some reason. I tried this using two turntables and four decks, but with no decent result. I recommend using the method above.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

The deck copy method is a lot easier to set up and execute. Stick with that.

Single timecode works beautifully. Just map your keyboard and all your settings to suit the setup
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----