vestax vci-100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vestax vci-100

Tech Wizard

Default vestax vci-100

i bought a used vestax vci-100 from guitar center for only $200, cleaned it up, and it works perfectly except it is the silver model and traktor le enabled. what do people think about that? could i just buy the mapping from here and traktor pro? traktor le did not come with my controller. i wanted to get the arcade controller but i cant quite squeeze that right now. opinions?

Tech Wizard

answers are greatly appreciated. thank you

You should buy the firmware update. It might be the 1.2 version. The mappings are free. You can always get the arcade DYI later if you really need it.
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Tech Mentor

Default Errr...no other takers?

The VCI-100 you've purchased will be running either FW 1.2 or less. In order to use the mappings from DJTT, you'll need to purchase the firmware upgrade(r) to move to FW 1.3 and be prepared to open up the unit to apply the update.

The box and sticker on the unit seems to have proved misleading. Yes, the unit is Traktor LE enabled, but that stipulates that it will work with Traktor LE with next to no setup. Being a MIDI controller, it will work with any MIDI-enabled audio software (even Ableton Live).

Purchasing Traktor Duo or Traktor Pro will be no problem. Install, import your music, attach the VCI-100 and an audio interface and you're on your way.

Note that running older firmware does NOT preclude you from using Traktor Duo or Traktor Pro - you don't need to update your firmware unless you you want to use the DJTT mappings.

First off, defo upgrade to Traktor Pro. That is pretty key.

I haven't modded my VCI yet to the arcade edeition, it is on my to do list, so I have made a mapping that works with Tpro and VCI-100 FW1.2 (which yours will probably have)

You can download here

http://www.maxonemusic.com/tsi-files-vci-100/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Also you will need an audio interface in order to cue music in headphones.

Audio 2 DJ from NI will do the bidniz

CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

Hello, few years later...
    Here is my question; does one of you succed on using VCI 100 with OSX 10.7 Lion ? (I have a good deal to do, and I wanna be sure...) thank for answer.

It works fine. I have the new firmware, but that shouldn't set you that much back.
    It's a great machine, but if was to go out and invest in something now i would definitely go for the VCI-400 Ean edition.
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Tech Convert

ok, thank you. I will try this "old" VCI 100, (only 150€), if it works. For my first controller, it should be fine.

Tech Convert

ok, I confirm. The VCI 100 (probably first firmware) works well with MBP, osx Lion. Just big problems to set with traktor scratch pro.
    for now, I use Mixvibes Cross 1.5. Works well. thanks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast