. * * *
        o . . o

. . # .   <- MIDI Base Note = 36 = 0x24
        . . * . 
        . * . .
        o . . o

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by DeVuzData View Post
    I don't understand the "RESET" instructions. My nephew was messing around in the Menu Mode (my bad) and now my MF doesn't work in TP.... ugh! I don't have a reset button..... so how do I do it? Just want to go back to the factory default.
    Got it Fatlimey, Thank You! My brain made it more complex than it really was... HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Are you guys seeing any midi messages at all?

It could be the base note or channel has been changed which would break any existing mapping
    I Have tested unit on Ableton Live & It's not sending any midi at all. Also on the program mode, when I press key 3 to get to base not edit mode, it does not light up the keys that are on the instruction above, instead the top two left buttons are lit.

Weird ?

M

Tech Convert

I'm having a similar problem with my midi fighter. Last night at my show I was setting up in a small booth and I looked down to see all the lights lit up on my midi fighter... Stupidly enough I pushed a few of the buttons and then unplugged it. After I plugged it back in, It would not trigger or send any midi messages to traktor... Every time I connect it now, only 1 LED lights up ( 3 button from the left, top row), and when other buttons are pressed no LED's light up.

Please Help!!!

Anything to reprogram this??? Please!!! I love my midi fighter

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by vnuts View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with my midi fighter. Last night at my show I was setting up in a small booth and I looked down to see all the lights lit up on my midi fighter... Stupidly enough I pushed a few of the buttons and then unplugged it. After I plugged it back in, It would not trigger or send any midi messages to traktor... Every time I connect it now, only 1 LED lights up ( 3 button from the left, top row), and when other buttons are pressed no LED's light up.

Please Help!!!

Ive tried using the menu mode and restoring the default values but every time I have them set as shown above, I press the top level flashing exit, it just goes back to having the third (from the left, top row) LED on! What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by vnuts View Post

Please Help!!!

Hi There,

You may need to Flash your MF with new firmware. There is a detailed instruction how to do that on PC just at the beginning of threads.

I just managed to get mine flashed today & I am back in the game. : )

It took a while as I am on Mac format & have not used PC for a long time.

On the new firmware there is "restore default" key combo, so you should not be getting stuck anymore.

Cheers,

Matti

Updated to reflect the 2011-02-04 firmware.

Tech Mentor

Fatlimey, I have the newest firmware loaded, but for some reason, I only get 2 states of 4 banks when I use try to select internal 4 banks.

I get all 4 leds slightly dim on the 3rd row and then all 4 brightly lit. Am I doing something wrong?
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    Fatlimey, I have the newest firmware loaded, but for some reason, I only get 2 states of 4 banks when I use try to select internal 4 banks. I get all 4 leds slightly dim on the 3rd row and then all 4 brightly lit. Am I doing something wrong?
    Sounds like you're using the older firmware. Try downloading and updating the firmware again.

Tech Mentor

Hmm, I'll give another shot, the updater says that its been loaded sucessfully. Not sure what could be wrong on my end.

Edit: still the same too options =/ Dim and slightly flashing or external mode,

i can get the new tsi to work, will i get different results external vs internal?

Edit #2 (solved): I ended up having to download the new firmware off sourceforge, then load it through the updater. Either my updater wasnt reflashing at all, or I'm assuming its pulling the older firmware off the servers. Either way, I got internal mode now
    Last edited by itajeN; 02-07-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Update
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast