Anybody else get VERY RANDOM massive CPU spikes with the latest Traktor pro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Anybody else get VERY RANDOM massive CPU spikes with the latest Traktor pro?

Wish I could pinpoint what's making it do this. It only happens on average maybe once every few days or so. Can't really afford to have this happen in a live situation for obvious reasons.

I'm never doing anything out of the ordinary with Traktor when the cpu meter spikes to the clouds. Even after a reboot Traktor's cpu meter looks like it's threatening to hit the red again, hovering around 50-70%. Usually it's only around 10-20% even with 4 decks running. Admittedly this has happened while I got shit like facebook open. It's never been a consistent problem though, and i'm usually always running something in the background with no issues. I would think it would happen more often if it was due to running a browser in the background. Has anybody else had this problem? Anything I can possibly change in my settings for windows to keep this from happening?

I haven't changed any latency settings to instigate the cpu to spike. I have pagefile in windows 7 disabled. I had this same problem using Vista as well.

Windows 7
    Traktor Pro 1.2.1 R7692
    Focusrite Saffire Firewire Soundcard
    HP Pavillion dv6 laptop
    2.1ghz 4gb of ram
    akai mpd24 midi interface

Thanks in advance for any and all help regarding this!

Do you update ur status in between tracks mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Does it do this when your network processes are turned off and you're not surfing the net or running any other programs?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DUDE ITS WINDOWS 7!!! I don't know what specifically, but I am having the same problem, to the point where it has somehow gotten worse (100%!!!) and I am now dual-booting with XP (ol' reliable). I also have an HP... maybe its the Quad-core processor.... no idea. I'll do further research.
    DJBK - 18 yr old DJ from NY -Asus G74SX w/ Core i7 2630QM 12GB RAM -DDM4000 -TTXUSB -DN-S1200 -MPD32 - Novation Twitch (custom mapped for road gigs)

"It’s not love for music, it’s a passion, and it goes beyond liking, and beyond a hobby, it’s about a way of living… Music is essential for my life." - Armin Van Buuren

Tech Guru

Use Bomes in combination with LoopBe1 to thin your midi. I found an explanation hear on the forums. It actually works, and random midi cut outs on Windows no longer exist!

I would also suggest turning off the internet and all other programs that may be open. There should be lots of other explanations also hear on the forums to your question
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Wizard

I've not had the chance to troubleshoot the problem by turning off networking services etc. I can tell you that once it happens the first time, it doesn't matter what you do, it will keep spiking everytime after when you open the program. When I had this problem in Vista, it was how BigBen described where it happened 100% of the time and became unusable even after a cold reboot. My HP doesn't support my gfx card drivers for winxp, so unfortunately xp is not an option as far as I know. Seems as tho this is a problem not unique to my system. I'll be curious to see if anybody on here has anymore information about the source of this problem. I wouldn't know what to do if it went bananas the night of a gig : /

Tech Wizard

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I think I'm having the same problem. I have an HP dm3t with 4 gigs of RAM and a 2.26 dual core processor using Windows 7 Pro, Traktor Pro 1.2.1, a VCI-100 and an Audio 4 DJ and whenever I do anything significant in Traktor, like browsing tracks, moving columns around, etc the audio will pause for a second or two while the system grinds to a halt!

The crazy thing is that I created a whole account just for Traktor where all other programs are disabled and Traktor is actually being used instead of explorer as the Windows shell! Nothing else running on a brand new laptop and just moving a column in the software stops EVERYTHING. This is pretty much a literal show stopper for a DJ setup!

I'd love to hear if and how you resolved it because I'm getting really frustrated at it.

Tech Wizard

No sir, Still just as curious as everybody else here. Strangely enough the problem hasn't happened since I posted this. As I said before it's VERY random. Seems that a few people here are having it happen ALOT more often, but still without explanation. Unfortunate

Tech Wizard

So after more investigating and reading through some of the NI forums it looks like some other people have experienced this problem too. The tool that people use to diagnose it is the DPC Latency Checker Tool which shows when you're getting spikes.

One major thing that could be happening here is that the graphics cards on the HP laptops are running old drivers that are constantly trying to switch graphics modes when working with Traktor. The first thing I did was to go to Nvidia's web site and make sure I had the latest drivers. After that I booted into my Traktor only Windows 7 account to try it out. Before starting though I also turned off the on-access anti-virus service that was still running, turned off my wifi, and disabled a couple programs that looked like they still loaded on that account for some reason (like google desktop, which looks like it burns through some serious resources).

After that Traktor ran fine with no stuttering whatsoever. I think I'm going to start re-enabling the services though to try to get to the bottom of the issue because I'd really like to know the actual issue. This is really frustrating though that with a brand new computer and OS that one or other programs can completely derail software that needs to run with no stuttering. I really REALLY hope that as both Traktor and Windows 7 continue to be improved that they can work these kinks out so that you don't have to completely cripple it on a new system just to get ONE program to run smoothly.

Anyways I hope this helps some!

the only weird thing with my traktor 1.2.3 is sometimes when i analyze files

traktor would pause for a few seconds first and then finally starts analyzing the files

anyone had this before??
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast