Looking for help with S5 mapping and screen mods and/or hacks
    Tech Convert

Default Looking for help with S5 mapping and screen mods and/or hacks

Long shot as it seems the heydays of the S5 community are behind us but yeah, I just got an S5 and love it but wish I could get better screen info and a couple mapping edits to make it perfect.

If there's still anyone out there actively working an S5 with any of those modifications, I'd love to talk!!

What kind of modifications are you looking for? I updated my mods recently, they contain a lot of small improvements: https://github.com/ErikMinekus/traktor-kontrol-screens

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    What kind of modifications are you looking for? I updated my mods recently, they contain a lot of small improvements: https://github.com/ErikMinekus/traktor-kontrol-screens
    Oh wow someone replied! Thank you.. I couldn't get your mod to work for some reason. Traktor simply wouldn't load. Same for the Supreme mod by Aleix.

Strange, I have tested my mods on Traktor Pro 3.10.x and 3.11.x. Are you sure you are using the latest version?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Strange, I have tested my mods on Traktor Pro 3.10.x and 3.11.x. Are you sure you are using the latest version?
    So I'm running Traktor Pro 3.1.1.8 which was cracked. Guessing that might be the main issue or have other been able to get it to work?

Tech Convert

Anyway I can contact you beyond this forum?

Sorry, I don’t support cracked software. Traktor Pro 3 is currently 50% off, so if you buy it I can help you further.

You can also DM me on the official NI community. There are still people there creating mods for the S3 and S4MK3, but as you said, the days of modding for the S5/S8/D2 are kind of over.

Tech Convert

Forgot I got my S5 new so I have free Traktor Pro 3! Been using the cracked from a loooong time ago. Let me set everything up and I'll let you know if that fixes everything.

Meanwhile, can you help me understand something. I read that you can't change the mapping on the S5 or that you can, but then the screens won't work. I came across pages like this that seem to have mapping mods like this (with your stuff on there) https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/8924 but it doesn't say the screens won't work... so can I have different mapping and screens?

The S5 can only be MIDI-mapped (mapped using the MIDI mode) which disables the screens. Overmapping (which is enabled for all other NI controllers) is not possible on this device.
    The only possible adjustments possible preserving the screen functions are modifications of the qml files of the device (basically the internal mapping), like Erik has done. Check out the link to the NI forum he posted.
    As far as i know, there are a handful of qml-mods you could try. Erik has done a screen mod, one or two are out there which just try to make the screen more useful (and nice), there is an all-in-one qml mod called Supreme-Edition (for D2/S8/S5/S4MK3), and i myself made a mod of this mod for an old version.

I really recommend trying out Erik's mod. It may just be what you need.