Mp3 license/ownership proof - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ive just started playing here in Italy, and I do not know what to do in order to avoid legal problems.I'm not from Italy, so it's not so clear to me what I should do. Anyway, this whole thing seems ridiculous. How many digital djs would have fake receipts... Gah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Damien View Post
    I have my entire library of vinyl recorded onto my hard drive. How do I show ownership of the records without having to haul my entire vinyl collection around?
    Technically...the RIAA says that's illegal

http://www.internetdj.com/article.php?storyid=955
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

In Italy, even if you have the original records, it's illegal to play them on a different format. For example: you buy an original cd, but you wanna keep the cd brand new, free from scratches and stuff... Them you burn a copy to play in a club. It sounds legal, but it's not. At least in Italy. They can arrest you, as they did before with other djs over here.

And another thing: those old man that go to the clubs here don't know how to recognize a mp3 receipt. They don't know beatport, juno, etc... At the beginning they said that digital djing was forbidden. Now they say you must keep the receipts.

But one question: what if I have just CC licensed albums? Or even promo albums? They don't have receipts. Gosh, I'm confused with that stuff. I'd like to "walk the line", but c'mon... Even them don't know how it works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123