Why no KEYS ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no KEYS ???

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah man seen him numerous times. I do get the whole harmonic thing i just dont tend to go to see DJs that do it. I know it can sound really good but the music has to lend itself to being mixed like that.

I guess its either a big part of what someone does or not part of it at all.

Obviously any good DJ should know a little about harmony or at least be able to hear when it totally wrong in the mix.

As a guitar player all my life i can hear it. You can certainly hear when someone has no idea that 2 tunes simply clash and is just matching beats.
    Agreed.

I had 8 years of music theory and playing lessons...various instruments.

You CAN hear this by ear....and that's kinda what i been doing until now.

Now....i am LAZY....RE2!!!!!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Keylock is not in any way unreliable. It does what it says on the box. Key detection is another matter altogether.

It's pretty easy to figure out if the two songs work harmonically just by ear. But if you're putting together a mix or something, I can see how this would be helpful.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12