Stage Presence, what do you do? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well, if you want to announce your self, I think that the best thing to do is get some girl with sexy voice to say your name and record it, then just play it.
    For the closing, that piggy from WB is doing gr8 job!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4

Quote Originally Posted by AboveDat! View Post
    yo panda where is that sample from "name your fucking price"?
    and that is how you rock the decks.
    puh...i can´t remember. i know it and i also have it but i think i have to ask eric. he defo knows the song. i will send u a pm
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

thanks mate

For me it is all about shocking out. Having started DJing not long ago, I was very quiet and focused on always having pitch perfect long mixes. But then I saw rusko and my god does he know how to kick off. Hes dancing harder then anyone in the crowd, leaping all over the place, knocking off CDJs onto the floor and rumour has it, once stripped to his boxers for a drop xD

Being a drum and bass DJ, i very rarely play house music, but was asked to for a house party last week. Knowing little about the genre I wasnt to bother about it so got drunk as anything and spent the whole hour non stop screaming and jumping around. The difference in crowd reaction is amazing!

On the mics thing... Being into drum and bass I cant stand MCs as they are at every gig and ruin every set, so im a no for mics.

So my advise is get drunk, jump around alot and keep mixing very upbeat and dont bother dragging them out (with drum and bass anyway).

+1 rusko

hate his new stuff
    but dam he can move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t9V4JlVooE

When I hear a DJ on the mic it usually puts me a few steps closer to walking out of a party. There are exceptions but for the most part I'd never let anyone on the mic. I'd get on the mic if there was a raging electrical fire burning the building down. Shy of that, I don't think so.

I've been to plenty of parties with hilarious and really great MCs though. The key is that they were very funny and very clever.

Never once has a MC or DJ I actually liked ever asked "so how y'all doin' tonight?"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    check out min 14:00
    this is what we like to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acKow...layer_embedded
    Awesome!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LuisMayhem View Post
    Hey guys,
    So I've noticed that far too many local DJ's do nothing but mind their knobs and stare at their computer screen. In my opinion no matter how good you are at making sweet transitions it's all wasted if you don't have good presence.

Fuck off its all about the music if you want to see cunts stand there arms out jesus style then you need to switch to Band based music for your fix !!! or go to a Tiesto gig !!!!!!!!!!

Excuse my cursing but its all about those sweet transitions

I mean look how much of a prick old Ean Golden looks like in his routines all that long ott motions !!! ?

Ean does rock a set though good on him

ott behind the decks is what its all about
    showing people you love what your doing and they feed off that and go crazy
    i hate djs who stand there who are more worried about the perfect transition rather than just letting go and having a good time

I definitely agree with you guys on mic moderation. Talking all night is no bueno.
    It's all about finding the sweet spot between not enough and too effin' much.
    +5 for microphone

On another note one of the sickest sets that I've seen is when a local DnB DJ, Ghost M.D., had a guest freestyler with him upstage. Normally his sets would bore me to death but his friend was freestyling over his tracks like it was nobodies business. Personally though, I'd NEVER freestyle. haha
    Late 2008 Aluminum Unibody Macbook 2.4 GHz 4GB
    VCI-100 SE
    M-Audio Fast Track Pro
    Beats By Dre Studio headphones (need to upgrade- bad)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast