So glad i bought my MacBook Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Okay I know everything works out of the box with Mac, but quite honestly, I haven't had any issues with Windows either. I just plugged in my RDJ, LPD8 and Audio2DJ, none gave any problems. Stability and latency are perfect too.

What kind of Windows setups were you guys running that switching to Mac is such a relief?

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    That was sarcasm my dear. Traktor doesn't even exist for Ubuntu.

b-i-n-g-o

of course he was using windows before lol
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Okay I know everything works out of the box with Mac, but quite honestly, I haven't had any issues with Windows either. I just plugged in my RDJ, LPD8 and Audio2DJ, none gave any problems. Stability and latency are perfect too.

What kind of Windows setups were you guys running that switching to Mac is such a relief?
    Dell Inspiron laptop.

More to the point: WINDOWS
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

my friend used to tell me how good they are, i used to think they way to expensive. But now ive took the plunge im glad i did. So they cost a lot, but im sure this will last about 3 times longer than your average pc laptop. The thing just works, not just with traktor tho, for all the usual stuff you do day to day. It starts up very quickly, once the desktop screen is on its on, unlike windows where it still takes a while before everything is up and running, shutting down takes like literally 2 seconds. With traktor my vci-100se works perfectly, no glitchy noises using the shift button unlike you get on pc laptops, get the led feedback on the fx route buttons where as i couldnt on my pc laptop, i have got the latency set to 4.5 on my 1st go with it, best i got on pc laptop was 10.5, and that was an acer laptop with 3gb ram i3 2,13ghz processor and it is 8 months old. Also with using an i-phone it obviously just works like a dream with itunes. I-photo is a great programme for keeping your pics up to date, battery life is awesome compared to a pc laptop, and also once the battery is charged on the macbook you can still run it on the mains power without ruining the battery as it stops charging once full unlike pc laptops. ive only had it not even a week yet so these are just a few things i can comment on as ive not even scratched the surface with it yet..
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    my friend used to tell me how good they are, i used to think they way to expensive. But now ive took the plunge im glad i did. So they cost a lot, but im sure this will last about 3 times longer than your average pc laptop. The thing just works, not just with traktor tho, for all the usual stuff you do day to day. It starts up very quickly, once the desktop screen is on its on, unlike windows where it still takes a while before everything is up and running, shutting down takes like literally 2 seconds. With traktor my vci-100se works perfectly, no glitchy noises using the shift button unlike you get on pc laptops, get the led feedback on the fx route buttons where as i couldnt on my pc laptop, i have got the latency set to 4.5 on my 1st go with it, best i got on pc laptop was 10.5, and that was an acer laptop with 3gb ram i3 2,13ghz processor and it is 8 months old. Also with using an i-phone it obviously just works like a dream with itunes. I-photo is a great programme for keeping your pics up to date, battery life is awesome compared to a pc laptop, and also once the battery is charged on the macbook you can still run it on the mains power without ruining the battery as it stops charging once full unlike pc laptops. ive only had it not even a week yet so these are just a few things i can comment on as ive not even scratched the surface with it yet..
    It sounds like you had a pretty bad laptop... I get 5.5 latency with 4GB DDR3 RAM & a not so great 2.1GHZ AMD processor...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

IBM T60 > Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    senior citizen's attics, the garbage dump, swamps, underwater treasure chests, graveyards, hollowed out tree stumps, abandoned coal mines.

Guys, try running a Native Instruments Kontrol S4 on a pc straight out of the box.

Now stop yapping about how great pc can function, paulmac is glad he bought a mac. Get on topic or just don't post!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    IBM T60 > Everything
    those things are battle proof. even if chuck norris would want to break one, he would have a hard time.

Last call!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

paulmac congrats on the new mbp, dont forget to buy apple care, its a life saver.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast