Beatport purchase - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei.clv View Post
    That's the thing,i'm actually using Visa right now on my paypal and it doesn't work.
    I'm talkin Visa no paypal, credit card.

maybe try a virtual credit card? I have never used one and would be wary, but it is worth a look
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

territory restrictions are proof positive that labels are fucking idiots.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

is circumventing a territory restriction like downloading music illegally?

i mean, youre still paying, but you werent supposed to be able to anyway.

/troll
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

It's a regional issue - not PayPal or credit card. Also common with purchases from South Africa and is due to copyright restrictions. There is no way around it. Try Juno - sometimes the copyright differs and it will go through. Some labels however are restricted on both sites.
    (PS - worse on Amazon in Africa - with gear, books, kindle download and music!)

Jester for President - you have NO idea what a ball-ache it is in Africa Jester
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 12-28-2010 at 06:12 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

But you're still using Paypal so Paypal tells them where you're from. And since you more than likely have your Visa tied to your home address it will probably also tell them where you're from.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    territory restrictions are proof positive that labels are fucking idiots.
    +1

territorial restrictions on a track are the one thing that makes me go the pirate route occasionally*... I want to listen to it and play it to my crowds - and because I respect the amount of work put into any decent track, of course I want to pay for it! but then I'm being denied a purchase? as in, I want to give you money for your release and you don't want to sell it to me because you're trying to draw BORDERS on the fucking INTERNET!? FUCK YOU. I'm getting this track one way or another

*) by "occasionally" I mean that less than 1% of the tracks in my active collection were not obtained legally because there was no way for me to do it :/

Thanks everyone for trying to help but it didn't work in any way with beatport.

I found most of the tracks on junodownload.com and my credit card works just fine there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei.clv View Post
    Thanks everyone for trying to help but it didn't work in any way with beatport.

I found most of the tracks on junodownload.com and my credit card works just fine there.
    Excellent. You might try looking at amazon for the rest of your tracks. The bit rate is above 200 (usually 256) and they have lots of mp3s
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12