New iPad midi controller designed for Serato - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Hey Freshcuts, a good place to see what Traktor users are looking for might be to take a look at the available templates for TouchOSC. There are several resources online to look through, and those will give you some ideas about the functionality users are expecting from their iPad controller.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    You don't need to squeeze all functions into it. No serious DJ will solely use the iPad (except to brag to his friends).

- Give us a mixer, transport and loop section

- Give us 8 cue-points for two decks.

- Make it possible to switch on the fly from deck A/B to deck C/D (maybe with a swipe gesture?)

- Give us a way to scroll through our track library and crates! Go away from buttons. Implement sliders or something fancy which makes it really intuitive. On the VCI-100 I used the jog-wheel to navigate through the library.

- give us a way to control both chained and advanced effects. An X-Y pad does the trick quite well.

Most important: Go away from just converting what we already have as tactile controls (buttons/knobs/faders) and start thinking about the possibilities the touch-technology offers. Although not being user-friendly enough Reactable is a good example.

Just another app that emulates those controls (like EMULATOR) bores the shit out of me.

Part of my daytime-job is developing innovative multitouch-applications in different environments. I also got an iPad. If you're up for it I'd gladly help out with ideas, concepts, some coding etc.
    Contact me through PM here or via www.ali.dj for further details.
    Thanks for the tips!
    It's funny my studies were related with what you do. I did my master thesis on the Reactable...
    Where are you based?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Hey Freshcuts, a good place to see what Traktor users are looking for might be to take a look at the available templates for TouchOSC. There are several resources online to look through, and those will give you some ideas about the functionality users are expecting from their iPad controller.
    Thank you for the help!!!Will do!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    i dont have an ipad or whatnot, but would it be possible to have like a pitch bend control linked to a touch control so when you let go it goes back to the original tempo?

(i have a spin and when you press the needle button and move a jog wheel for either A/B it will in turn slow down or speed up the tempo of that track, but if you stop spinning it, it reverts right back to say 128 bpm.)

it would be cool to speed up a good electro song to say 140 right before dropping in a fat dubstep beat and they would be at the same tempo as long as you had your hand on the pitch bend on the ipad.

no idea if this is even possible but that would be epic if it was.
    I think it is better to do something like this on your turntable or cdj. You feel the progression more since you are physically moving the pitch slider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12