Whats your definition of a live act ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I think no matter how many pretty words we throw on top of this, until you are creating your own music live from scratch we are still all DJs. *shrug* I don't know why this is such a dirty word. It's not like your just starting, still wet behind the ears guitar player is any less a guitar player than Eric Clapton. So why should the brand new DJ who still can't mix be any different, in the end, DJ than Ean or Moldover?

It just sounds like the phrase "DJ" has become dirty and no one wants to be known as one. Whether you're a turntablist, or a controllerist, or a mixologist, or whatver, we're still all DJs in the end, and it's still all live, right? Can't we all just get along?

How's about a big DJTT hug?
    I agree with you, but we are not DJ (Disk Jockeys) anymore since we are not using any discs to play (at least the mp3 people)... I can call myself a "Digital Jockey" or maybe a "MPThreeJay" or just "MPJay" or even "FreakGeekJay" or just Hoffmann

*Doing the big DJTT hug*

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, until we're using solid state hard drives there's still a disc turning with those mp3s on em.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Well, until we're using solid state hard drives there's still a disc turning with those mp3s on em.
    Hehehe It could be an IPOD DJ with Flash Memory Card music lol

Mudo

I think no matter how many pretty words we throw on top of this, until you are creating your own music live from scratch we are still all DJs. *shrug* I don't know why this is such a dirty word. It's not like your just starting, still wet behind the ears guitar player is any less a guitar player than Eric Clapton. So why should the brand new DJ who still can't mix be any different, in the end, DJ than Ean or Moldover?

It just sounds like the phrase "DJ" has become dirty and no one wants to be known as one. Whether you're a turntablist, or a controllerist, or a mixologist, or whatver, we're still all DJs in the end, and it's still all live, right? Can't we all just get along?

How's about a big DJTT hug?
    For me is ok I didn't leave turntables like Ean and Moldover but it is only a Philosophic discussion.

At beginning I said "Free Creative Human perform" because it seems Djing and new approarches hurts egos.

My idea is not mixing tools an eclectic style is become void for these words inlcuding "tooltablism".

It's only a word not a dress to wear.

I think the only act ive seen do this is Soul Wax and when they do the transition to the 2 Many DJs set .

Mudo

Check "Live looping" phenomena at web then. (youtube or google)

http://www.myspace.com/tooltablist

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345