Modifier Bug?

Thread: Modifier Bug?

Tech Student

Default Modifier Bug?

Hello Guys!

I'm not quite sure about this, maybe I'm doing something weird but here it is:

I mapped as follows:
    Modifier #5 hold set to 3 (no modifier condition)
    Modifier #5 direct set to 2 (no modifier condition)

When I map it I can get one of these results:
    a) Gets stuck in 2
    b) Goes from 0 (not pressed) to 3 (holding it)
    c) Goes from 2 (not pressed) to 3 (holding it) when I press it

If I delete the mapping and redo it, that sometimes change the result

This has been bothering me for several days. What I want is "c)", or does anybody know some other way to get the modifier to work as I want?

It's not weird, it's just not logical at all, you are the bug ^^. For the same control, without any modifier condition, a control can't be at the same time set on hold & direct, that doesn't make sense. And you'll probably need more than two lines. So start again and specify for each state of your modifier (0,1,2,3) its behavior, and you'll be on the right track to solve your issue.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Student

Default Thanks for the reply

Even if you are right the thing just happens. I'd agree with you that the bug it's me if the result would be always the same but it's not. I want to keep it simple (not many modifiers) and I've done it the way I mentioned what drives me nuts is that you can't predict the result. Either case, I'd be willing to hear a good way to map a button a hold button so it doesn't go back to zero when released (as better mod used the better).

Thanks

You should really re-think and re-read what I wrote for you...
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Wizard

Modifier #5 direct set to 2 (no modifier condition)
    Modifier #5 set to Dec - M5 = 2, Invert
    Modifier #5 Direct set to 0 - M5=1

This will give mod 5 value 2 when pressed, goes to 1 when released and will go to 0 when button is pressed again

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    You should really re-think and re-read what I wrote for you...
    +1

Tech Wizard

I assume that's what you want to achieve. If not I fully agree with Yul
    Last edited by defmd; 01-13-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Tech Wizard

Btw no idea what you want to achieve within traktor, maybe best to explain what you want to accomplish and after that we might come up with solutions for it :-)

I'd agree with you that the bug it's me if the result would be always the same but it's not.
    I understand but that's not the point, the point is Traktor still doesn't know what to do, in which order so it's a bit random (to an extend actually)
    Your first step is to define the whole field of action(s), something you didn't do (hence also the answer just above from Defmd). That's why I suggested for each modifier's state to define the modifier's behaviour.

I'm not teasing you or anything, and I certainly don't want to sound paternalist, it's just so you can come to the answer by yourself or eventually get the grasp of the modifiers' logic. Now if you're mentally lazy and that's not interesting for you, I'm sure someone will give you a pre-swallowed answer.
    Latest mix