Got my S2 controlling Traktor 2 and Ableton simultaneously!

Default Got my S2 controlling Traktor 2 and Ableton simultaneously!

Using Virtual Audio Cable, Asio4All, Bome's Midi Translator Classic, and LoopBe1 while tweaking NI's S2 control panel, controller editor, and controller manager I've got Ableton synced to Traktor routed through the Mic/Aux port so I still retain 2 track decks and 2 sample decks!!!

Traktor's mapped to NHL mode with all of the feature's retained

Ableton's mapped to MIDI mode which I've got mapped to two DJ style track decks w/ EQ's, volume faders, and x-fader as well as 4 effects on each deck. I also have the cue point, loop in/out, sync, and cue one each side mapped to track 3's Drum Rack. I've edited the MIDI map in controller editor to trigger note's in order and in the same octave. I've left Toggle on Sync and Play on each side so they act as samplers in a way, the remaining 6 triggers play drum pads normally (unfortunately no velocity sensitivity). I have the left decks loop encoders/presses set up to control selected tracks loop function. The right loop encoders/presses along with the right jog wheel control track 4's DubSpot Scratcher mod. It's kinda lame but fun at the same time.

Bome's translates MIDI to keyboard commands to allow browsing, section selection/scrolling, and a few other midi through commands to Traktor to the Send Clock/Play button and the Aux. Volume

AMAZING what you can do with prolonged obsessive like tinkering with MIDI!!!

Tech Mentor

Can this be done with the S4 ??? I'm thinking about doing the same setup but I own the S4 not the S2 !!!!

I'm sure you can.

You running windows or osx?

Quote Originally Posted by norequest View Post
    Using Virtual Audio Cable, Asio4All, Bome's Midi Translator Classic, and LoopBe1 while tweaking NI's S2 control panel, controller editor, and controller manager I've got Ableton synced to Traktor routed through the Mic/Aux port so I still retain 2 track decks and 2 sample decks!!!
    pretty cool - nice config i haven't played with virtual audio cable - is that free? i did have look at jack for windows but installed soundflower now for osx.

if on osx then midimasher can do what u are using bomes for and has builtin midi ports so no need for loopBe1. i tend to use loopMIDI on windows as u can create as many ports as u need.

playing with midi can be fun (sometimes... )
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Oh man I think this is the answer to my worries! Thanks for letting us know this is possible norequest!! PM sent!
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 03-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.