S4 with autotune?
    Tech Student

Default S4 with autotune?

Hey guys, I've been on this site for quite sometime just browsing around. I've found alot of valuable info here. Anyways, I've ran into an question that the search function just doesnt seem to do any justice, so figured it was time to sign up and see if any of you s4 gurus here can give me some insight on this question. Right now I have the s4, and the maschine, but havent been able to successfully run them in sync yet. (windows 7 on an HP HDX16 ) Future plans are to get the macbook so i can run them in sync without any issues.

But anyways, for right now im just using the S4, haven't used the maschine too much. I was wondering if there was anyways to use an Auto-Tunes vst with the loop recorder on the S4. I have a mic and everything, Im guessing I would have to run the vocals through autotunes and then set the output of auto tunes through the loop recorder. Anyone have any experience with this? I've been reading through the manual and searching around, but cant seem to find anything about it

Never heard of anyone doing this. That's probably for a reason. Autotune is a surefire way to destroy a good vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Never heard of anyone doing this. That's probably for a reason. Autotune is a surefire way to destroy a good vocal.
    +1

but he is saying he is using autotune for his own voice through the mic , not vocal samples

You would have to run a VST host like Maschine, and route the audio with a monstrosity of Virtual Audio Cable.

If you want to sync Traktor and Maschine, just have Traktor output a MIDI clock through the Maschines MIDI out, and have the Maschine receive a MIDI clock through it's MIDI in, and then just plug it into itself (confuses the Hell out of old sound engineers too).

MIDI-YOKE works pretty well even if Traktor clock do not seems to be the most accurate & stable VS other software.

MIDI-YOKE, & JackAudio should work for this purpose. Not something I would trust for live shows though... I would instead use a soundcard with enough in/out (Audio 8/10) to do an hardware patch instead...but it's me.

I'm not a virtual cable fan for audio...never will
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Student

Oh i know, and i completely agree with you, but when you have a hard time holding a solid note, autotunes is great. I dont have time or money for vocal lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    You would have to run a VST host like Maschine, and route the audio with a monstrosity of Virtual Audio Cable.

If you want to sync Traktor and Maschine, just have Traktor output a MIDI clock through the Maschines MIDI out, and have the Maschine receive a MIDI clock through it's MIDI in, and then just plug it into itself (confuses the Hell out of old sound engineers too).
    And this is exactly what i was trying to avoid :/ I dont really trust sending the midi signal between hardware units like that, especially if i was to do a live show. But as i see it, i guess this might be my only option to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    MIDI-YOKE works pretty well even if Traktor clock do not seems to be the most accurate & stable VS other software.

MIDI-YOKE, & JackAudio should work for this purpose. Not something I would trust for live shows though... I would instead use a soundcard with enough in/out (Audio 8/10) to do an hardware patch instead...but it's me.

I'm not a virtual cable fan for audio...never will
    I agree. Unfortunatly, Its going to be awhile before i can afford a macbook AND the audio8. I was trying to see if there was any way i could do this without having to run traktor and maschine in sync.

I guess its just not an option right now, not until i have the $$ to buy some more equipment. Another thought is maybe waiting till the f1 comes out, i wonder if its possible to set something like this up with the F1, But just from looking around NI's page, i dont see anything about using VST's with it.
    Anyways, thanks for the input guys, i appreciate it.
    Last edited by JGI; 04-04-2012 at 09:37 AM.