Bummed with X1's HID mapping options
    Tech Mentor

Default Bummed with X1's HID mapping options

Got myself an X1 a couple of days ago, and I'm trying to remap the FX section.
    While I love HID for the hi-res knobs (using a knob as pitch fader w/ 20% range is really accurate), I hate how you for example can't map a knob like it were a button. I'm trying to remap my superknobs to the X1, and there's just no way I can get it to work without this functionality.

Is there any way around this?

I could go full MIDI mode, but then I'd lose the hi-res knobs and the hotcue button, so I'd rather not.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Noway, you should assign the super knob in midi mode and activate the midi mode only if necessary. I tried the same with x1 and s2, but only midi mode works like that. The only "good" thing is that can be switched on the go
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

As it has been already said, only with MIDI. I think they kept it this way for people who don't know their way around mapping not to have mapping accidents.

Tech Mentor

Bummer. I definitely see their point, but this is really a limitation in the mapping potential, and isn't that one of the selling points of Traktor..
    Anyway, guess I'll be keeping my superknobs on the LPD8 then, don't really feel like switching to MIDI mode all the time.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds