Loading Samples in S4

Lightbulb Loading Samples in S4

I just got the s4 and i'm loving it. only thing i'm curious about is how to load samples that you've previously made. What i mean by that is, when you load in a song and make a sample for it, then go back another day load in the same song, how do i get those old samples back in? i know that all samples i make are saved as wav. files but i was hoping there would be a way to assign them to the track they came from so whenever i bring up that track the samples are loaded in as well. is this possible?

Not possible. When 2.5 comes out you will be able to load a group of samples saved together, but not with a track.

Tech Convert

Like VanGogo said. I spent some time messing around with a batch load sample mapping, but the closest i could come was loading sequentially from a playlist with a button press for each slot. It never worked very reliably either.

Don't you just make the sample, then drag them manually into the sample slots? I believe as Van Gogo stated it isn't possible to 'automatically' do it with current version.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Mentor

Really looking forward to that feature in 2.5... one main reasons that I rarely use the sample banks, is because you can't have preset banks that you can quickly load or switch between.
    13" Macbook Air (OS 10.8/256GB SSD/4GB RAM) | Traktor S2
    Latest DJ Recording: The Wedding Set (40 Minute House Set)

Tech Convert

You still have to go fishing for the samples in the All Samples playlist, but you can put them into a new playlist, and load them with the sample buttons, so the pieces are all sort of there for some sort of batch load. The problem you run into is that when you overload one button in the mapping to do a bunch of things, they all happen at the same time. If there were a way to make Traktor do them sequentially, then you could pick a playlist, and have it load #1 into slot #1 and so on.

The thing I wish we had was some way to easily rename samples you've cut from the sample slots themselves, by right clicking or something. then finding where the system saved them wouldn't be such a pain.

In short, I don't have a real good answer to your question. I hope my rambling was somewhat helpful.