S4 USB connection broke - How would I go about fixing this?

Default S4 USB connection broke - How would I go about fixing this?

Through many gigs(read:getting drunk and hastily putting my equipment away) the small tab on the usb port of the S4 has snapped off. It's the little piece that keeps the metal prongs in position. The lil guy that sits in the center. Yeah that broke off. Currently I have a piece of paper shoved in there and my USB cable is electrical taped into position so it doesn't move. To fix this I assume I'll need to open it up and solder on a new USB port. I have basic soldering knowledge. Is this something I should try and tackle, should I just leave it for now with my quick fix, or take it to a computer shop for a fix(and how much would that run me you think?)

Thanks DJTT community for any input/feedback.
    everything I need for a sexy party:
    HP DV4 | S4 | Midi-fighter | Maschine | KRK R6 G2 monitors | Crown + Cola

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Open a ticket over at NI's site and send it to them. You'll trash your warranty if you open the unit.

They'll cover that? It looks kind of beat. I figured they'd only cover equipment failure. This is probably my fault for yanking out the USB and bumping the controller into the backboard of the booth while playing.
    everything I need for a sexy party:
    HP DV4 | S4 | Midi-fighter | Maschine | KRK R6 G2 monitors | Crown + Cola

S4's come with a 2 yr NI warranty. Not sure if the USB connection will be covered but it can't hurt to ask them.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

I would try to, after all they made that connection very tight ,hard to get in and out. While in Maschine its very lose

Tech Convert

i ran into the same issue with my S2, i ended up shipping it back to NI and a month and a half later i'm still waiting for my piece to be returned... good luck man, and make sure that if you do ship it off you expect it to take at least a month