Where do you place a Kontrol X1 when the setup is in a flight case? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm really surprised there's not small platforms made to hover already out there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

You and me both.

Tech Convert

OK guys so I began to ask around with some people that could help me. My day job is in a hotel and I asked the maintenance person who works there to see if he could come up with any ideas. He began to sketch out some designs and he built a custom stand for me which I thinks is awesome! Here it is:

X1Stand-01.jpgX1Stand-02.jpg

The stand swivels both horizontally and vertically and is height adjustable. So that means you can have the frame for the X1 at any angle you prefer and at any height. The flat part at the bottom goes at the bottom of the mixer (which sits inside the flightcase). This adds more stability to the whole rig. My only concern at this moment is the adjustable angle part. I'm afraid that it will begin to get loose during a performance due to the pounding while I push buttons, etc. The stand is also somewhat heavy, if you consider it only holds an X1, I don't know if I should replicate this design with some PVC or some other lighter metal in order to lose some of the weight. It also folds somewhat flat, not entirely but it does fit inside a bigger bag. I will get back to you with more feedback after I road test it. I would like to hear some of your opinions. What do you think so far?

looks good!!! as a x1 user myself ... it's definitely cool to see the different setup options that other people do, though not many, still cool nonetheless.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Convert

So I played about an hour and a half with the stand installed in my setup. Overall I would say it does the job well and I had no problems whatsoever. The swiveling parts didn't loosen and the rig was really sturdy. I think this will actually solve my problem. Hopefully it endures the test of time and wear but I have high hopes for this stand. Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12