Wanted: Macbook pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

TBH mine would be mainly be used for ableton and maybe traktor further down the line (if i can't get on with ableton). The laptop i've got now is a hand me down from work(I work in IT) so have tried to live with it but my eye keeps getting caught by the macs.
    The only thing stopping me is the price not sure I can justify spending that much money on what is essentially a PC in nice clothing (hardware wise!!)

Tech Mentor

Macs are not PC's in nice clothing mate !

Seriously you will use one and think " How have i managed to get on with windows all this time"

For me it is an investment buying a Mac thats why i probably will go with the Pro rather than the Macbook!

My G5 i bought second hand from a friend bout 3 1/2 years ago and all i have done is upgrade the RAM to 1GB and it runs quicker and smoother than the Vista 64bit with 2GB RAM that i use for work!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lukey-boy View Post
    Macs are not PC's in nice clothing mate !

Seriously you will use one and think " How have i managed to get on with windows all this time"

For me it is an investment buying a Mac thats why i probably will go with the Pro rather than the Macbook!

My G5 i bought second hand from a friend bout 3 1/2 years ago and all i have done is upgrade the RAM to 1GB and it runs quicker and smoother than the Vista 64bit with 2GB RAM that i use for work!
    Hardware wise thats exactly what they are. The are intel chips etc. I have used a hackintosh way back and rather like the OS. Imo thats where the difference lies, in the OS. Apple seem to be able to make an OS that looks gorgeous and runs exactly the way I would like. As i say it's down to the prohibitive cost thats stopped me switching many moons ago. I can never really fully transition as I'm a windows admin at work

Tech Mentor

Not to be a stickler, but a MAC OS is just BSD with a lot of options removed to prevent users from breaking it. :3

Not that that is a bad thing, mind you, just saying that the OS isn't nearly enough to justify the price difference.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12