External effects
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default External effects

First of all, I need to say that I just purchased xone 42 few days ago. I wanted to do setup with guitar effects pedals, but if Im not mistaken, xone 42 can have only ONE effect to be connected, or I can use something like Korg Kaoss pad ?

I would mostly need delay and reverb (which is basically 2 effects), so I would have to go with something like Kaoss Pad ?

Also is it better to be using guitar effects or does Kaoss pad have quality Delays and reverbs integrated ?

Anything else to watch out for ?

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea what the effects are like on a kaoss pad (never used one) but you can daisy chain 2 guitar pedals together if you need more than 1 effect. See this article posted by Ean Golden last week: http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/04/2...ital-dj-setup/
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

I just got an EFX 100 from Pio and it hooks up perfectly with my XOne 22, I can't imagine the send/return on the 42 be any different than mine. Good thing about the Pio effects is that you get post fader effects. Not sure about Korg.

Tech Guru

The effect unit does not change whether they are post fader or not, it depends on how the FX send/return loop is wired.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The effect unit does not change whether they are post fader or not, it depends on how the FX send/return loop is wired.
    Good to know.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Xone 42 also has post fader effects I suppose.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by icb View Post
    First of all, I need to say that I just purchased xone 42 few days ago. I wanted to do setup with guitar effects pedals, but if Im not mistaken, xone 42 can have only ONE effect to be connected, or I can use something like Korg Kaoss pad ?

I would mostly need delay and reverb (which is basically 2 effects), so I would have to go with something like Kaoss Pad ?

Also is it better to be using guitar effects or does Kaoss pad have quality Delays and reverbs integrated ?

Anything else to watch out for ?

Thanks in advance.
    You can connect more than 1 FX to a chain and route them through the xone´s FX I/O.
    You can even connect a KaossPad and guitar FX into that chain.
    The choice of FX depends on your preferences.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by c0nsul View Post
    You can connect more than 1 FX to a chain and route them through the xone´s FX I/O.
    You can even connect a KaossPad and guitar FX into that chain.
    The choice of FX depends on your preferences.
    How do I cahin them ? RCA cables or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by icb View Post
    How do I cahin them ? RCA cables or what ?
    Probably depends on the ins/outs of the effects...

RCA/TRS on the send of the mixer into the input of the Kaoss pad, the output of the Kaoss pad into the input of the next effect, and the output into another effect or the return of the mixer. I haven't done it, but I'd imagine this would be how to do it.

Tech Mentor

Im just checking efx units... Pioneers have delay but don't have reverb. Does KP3 have reverb or not ?

Also KP3 has sampler.. what kind of sampler exactly ? Is it possible to make loops with it on another mixer channel ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast