Flattered and irked at the same time - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I know Dan, or better I played with him on a big event on my country a while back (probably around 2000), he is a house DJ right? I was playing the back room (techno) but I had a brief talk with him for about 5m or so I remember he was a really nice and quiet chap... unfortunately house culture was really poor here at the time so it wasn't like a massive thang... but on the same room come 5am and it's all going crazy with Plastikman (before he took all the techno chill pills lol) and Jeff Mills on the 909 and 3 decks tip...

ahhhh the days lol

Z

Tech Guru

yeah dan was always a nice guy. i actually liked his sets even back in the day. were talking pre 2000. yeah im an old fart lol.

Default Re: Flattered and irked at the same time

dude lambox I feel you. a lot of djs starting out these days don't understand the concept of hard work and refinement of technique. they make their first mix and they want to play MoS or something. it just takes someone or something to put them in their place and give them a reality check on what the real deal is. and if no one else will, maybe it's up to you. or if you can stand it just let him learn it on his own, but since he's ripping you off, I may just call him on it, preferably in a social setting. but hey, that's me :P call me a dick, but I don't believe in people jackin somebodys style, let alone their ENTIRE MIX.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Shiiiiiit.....

He has not developed his morals etc yet. He is just a kid.....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

you guys are so polite down here he'd get a slap and his beer and missus taken as punishment.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

@hipnotikk: I know. It's garbage. I kinda called him out too. But it would be easier if I had even talked to this kid before. It's not like I've ever see him anywhere. Haha what I'm I supposed to call him up "hey let's meet somewhere so I can bitch you out." lol I feel kinda bad about the whole thing because I know the kid is just trying. I don't know man.

@Jester: I reckon he's too young for all those things anyway
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If he's old enough to be spreading lies and possibly creating drama that could effect you then he is old enough to be told where it's at.

You can be polite in this at first, which it seems like you are being, but you need to remember that it's your rep he's threatening too, not just his own. Keep your nose clean, but keep him up to date as to what his priorities and place is.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Amen to that, J!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i love music. i love mixing music and playing it for other people to enjoy. but man, dj culture is riddled with wannabe rock star nut riders. young djs jump into the lime light WAY before they have the abilities, taste, discretion, etc to back it up...it makes the whole scene look foolish a lot of times.

people need to find the art in djing instead of: biting style, dropping nothing but this week's top 20 club bangers, having no sense of the history of their sound etc

/rant
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

If this is over Facebook or something just call him out online haha so everyone can see. Just say "keep up the good work, and just so everyone knows I had nothing to do with these mixes". It's fun being blunt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast