Pioneer DDJ SX and Traktor Pro 2

Default Pioneer DDJ SX and Traktor Pro 2

I have a question regarding my present set up. Sometime ago I purchased a Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk1 which obviously incorporates Traktor Pro 2 software. At a later date I upgraded my controller to a Pioneer DDJ SX Mk1but couldn't get on with or like Serato. I consequently carried out all the relevant work (controller firmware update, Pioneer Windows driver, Pioneer tsi. file, etc) and updated TP2 to version 2.6.8 needed to utilise most of the features associated with the DDJ SX to use Traktor Pro 2 (I was already aware that not all features are available). I am still (after a lot of trying and testing) still getting various problems that I think should be useable or have different outcomes.

As the software I use was downloaded from Native Instruments for the Traktor Kontrol S4, should I buy and download what is the Traktor Pro 2 standalone version from NI, a version thats is obviously produced for many type of controllers, and not a version downloaded primarily for the Traktor Kontrol S4?
    Many thanks for any input / ideas / answers.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The Traktor Pro 2 license you have with your S4 is exactly the same as the one you can buy separately from NI so buying a new license won't solve any SX mapping issues.

Not really see the problem, didn't you try different mappings that are already available, like the mapping from jaja. Has some really cool features. https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1336
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9