Traktor not responding to Midi input

Default Traktor not responding to Midi input

Good morning,

Issue is in the title. Longer description below:

I recently set up a new PC. Added my usual apps, including Traktor. I've been using Traktor for a long time, with Maschine as my midi controller. I've had to troubleshoot a lot of weird issues, and generally figure things out in a day or so. I'm stumped.

The Maschine hardware is definitely sending midi signals - Controller Editor shows signals coming from the hardware, and I've tested with a 3rd party midi translator as well. The hardware is responding to the midi out signals from Traktor (my LEDs adjust and respond accordingly as expected when I mouse click on a button or cue point, LED lights up appropriate colors for cue point types, etc. as well as when I use my Z2 to control the software, the changes are reflected on the hardware). I've tried multiple USB cables, in multiple USB ports. I've fired up Traktor on my old laptop with the DJ setup connected to it and checked all of the settings and made sure those same settings were reflected on the new instance of Traktor on the new PC. I've followed all of the troubleshoot guides on the NI website. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Traktor. I've tried with and without the Z2 connected. I've used all of the regular and special use swear words. I've drank coffee, tea, and beer at various stages of the troubleshoot process. I've held my head cocked to each side, stood on one foot, jumped in concentric circles, and any other witchcraft and voodoo that I could think of. I'm running out of ideas.

The only time I had it work was once with the Z2 connected, and I adjusted the midi in/out dropdown for the maschine controller in controller manager device config, but that only worked once, and I've not been able to replicate.

Software is latest update of TP3 (not plus subscription version), Maschine has latest firmware update (Maschine 2 software installed but not running, hardware in midi mode), Windows 11 Home (no outstanding or pending updates). PC hardware is Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 64GB RAM, 2TB SSD (M.2 NVMe), 4080 Super OC gpu. What additional info can I share that might help you help me figure this out?
    Last edited by ObviousAlias; 06-29-2024 at 07:56 AM.