Anyone Upgrade to Traktor 4 yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone Upgrade to Traktor 4 yet?

You can upgrade through DJTT

I'll probably do it soon...just wanted to see if anyone else has jumped in...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Purchased and installed

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

downloaded and fiddled with it. Basic stuff is working as it should be. Flexible beatgrips are a pleasure to finally have. Works great. Tried out a few stems related things, but for now i wouldn't use it in a live situation. My tracks is beginning to stutter while analysing other tracks at the same time. For now, this feature will only be used at home for preparations. i'm having an 8h gig on staturday and will give T4 a deep dive
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

From what I've read I would not expect to actually be able to analyze stems in a live situation. I would treat stems in T4 the way it was in earlier versions - something to use with pre-separated stem tracks (the difference being you can do the analysis right in T4). But it sounds like it takes almost the length of a song to analyze it, which is absolutely not something I'd want to do in a live situation. It also stores the stems as separate tracks, which has the advantage of requiring no extra processing on subsequent uses, but your disk will fill quickly if you start stem-ifying every track. I could be wrong but I believe other programs figure out the right math to apply when they analyze a track for stems and then save the math rather than saving separate tracks. That's a higher processor overhead when using them subsequently since it has to reapply the math to the tracks (but nothing compared to analyzing them in the first place); I'm not sure Traktor made the right decision in going to separate tracks but I guess we'll see.

Disclaimer tho, my opinion is based purely on reading about T4 as I haven't installed it yet for other reasons unrelated to stems. But I am pretty sure I will, probably after the .1 update.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Default RE: https://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=98204&p=775829#post775829

I have, and I'm having the time of my life!! MAN!! I'm like an Apple zombie in that I would defend Traktor to my last breath, but man!! We FINALLY got manual beatgrids (called flexible beatgrids) for songs that change tempos within them, the converting your party favorites to Stems built-in so you can create loops and one-shot sound FX, the colors, and the seamless compatibility with my Kontrol S4 MK III...I'm like a kid in a candy store!! I'm even watching some of their "What's New In Traktor 4" tutorials on repeat to make sure I don't miss that KNOWLEDGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    Purchased and installed
    Have they fixed the "Deck Lock" issue?
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    AlphaTheta Euphonia, Pioneer DJ DDJ-XP2, MK Stands isolation system, Pioneer DJ VM-80 monitors, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Some users have reported that it occasionally appears. I always work around it with mappings that duplicate the faulty preference without actually using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    Some users have reported that it occasionally appears. I always work around it with mappings that duplicate the faulty preference without actually using it.
    Care to elaborate?
    Last edited by dj subculture; 09-19-2024 at 09:59 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    AlphaTheta Euphonia, Pioneer DJ DDJ-XP2, MK Stands isolation system, Pioneer DJ VM-80 monitors, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Wether it's a midi mapping or an NI controller with a qml mapping, i add the condition 'Deck Playing = NO' to the load function.
    Also i uncheck 'load only into stopped deck' in Preferences -> Loading, which is the setting (when checked) that causes the deck being sometimes unloadable, because, for some reason, there are occasions when Traktor thinks the track is 'doing something' and disallows loading, whereas my mapping solution only checks if the deck state 'PLAY' is ON or OFF.

Somebody at NI should have done this exact thing since forever. I don't think the problem would be hard to find and solve with the uncompiled code at hand.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    Wether it's a midi mapping or an NI controller with a qml mapping, i add the condition 'Deck Playing = NO' to the load function.
    Also i uncheck 'load only into stopped deck' in Preferences -> Loading, which is the setting (when checked) that causes the deck being sometimes unloadable, because, for some reason, there are occasions when Traktor thinks the track is 'doing something' and disallows loading, whereas my mapping solution only checks if the deck state 'PLAY' is ON or OFF.

Somebody at NI should have done this exact thing since forever. I don't think the problem would be hard to find and solve with the uncompiled code at hand.
    The "Load Selected" with a deck play modifier only determens if Track will be loaded or not. The problem happens when a "deck is loading" - sometimes I can produce this issue with a computer mouse but never with a midi controller or Traktor controller.

I made custom mappings to help others solve this issue but had reports that the modifier trick didn't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast