Audio Interface help
    Tech Convert

Default Audio Interface help

Hey everyone,
    I've been searching for help with myproblem on the forums and I couldn't find it, so I'm asking here.

I just ordered 2 SCS.3Ds and an external mixer and I was wondering if anybody has some advice for an audio interface.

I'm looking for a cheap interface to conect my laptop to my mixer, bu I'm now on a bit of a budget until I can buy something better Audio4/8. But first I have to play a few gigs this month. So does anyone have a cheap interface or alternate solution to my problem.

Looking forward to the help, so thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Audio 2? probably the cheapest thing that you can still call reliable... although I've never used it, I've used other NI cards and their drivers aren't shabby. It'll more than get you by.

Tech Convert

I thought about the Audio 2, but is it possible with the outputs that the Audio 2 has? I was under the impresion that it wasnt

Tech Convert

Bump. Anyone?

I would also suggest the NI A2DJ if you don't need any inputs on your audio interface.

it's simple, loud, small, lightweight, compact and stable. I find it of great use when just using a controller with powered speakers, but it's also adaptable for friends who want to use their own mixer in the mix...

Tech Convert

Thanks for your answer. I think I have it all igured out now. My final setup will probbly look like this

Behringer DJX-750 or 700
    2 Stanton SCS.3Ds
    Audio 2 Interface

Do you have any advice on what to do if I decide to throw in a Korg Nanopad or Nanokey?

And what to do if I want to record my mix?

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

i don't think you'll need other controllers with 2 dascratches, at least for the time being.

that Behringer is pretty bottom of the barrel, can u find a better mixer maybe used in your area instead?

for recording with that setup you'll need another capture device to record the audio coming out of the mixer. I use a mini-disk player cause it easy and i have one around...

good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Mentor

Yeah, nix one of the dascratches and put the money towards a mixer that won't break six months down the line.