The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 106
Page 106 of 223 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2221

50 posts since the 1000 milestone already?!!?!?

Love this thread!

Know he's not every dnb headz cup o tea, but i like him:

http://rumblejazz.com/2009/05/11/hig...tial/#more-269

Rj

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    haha, nice vid... kinda weird, but nice

btw - what do you guys think of TC?

had my (or better say our - we're kind of a soundsystem) first big dnb gig last friday - the guy before us played some electro breaks and then it was our turn... a friend of mine played the first tune (TC ft. Jakes - Deep) and after 5 seconds some guys in front of the decks complained we would be only playing sh*tty dnb tunes... wtf? it was the first tune we played...
    during the night they also touched the mixer to adjust the eq's to their liking... WTF???

i really was disturbed by them, i don't think that's ok...
    i love that deep-tune and it's actually perfect to connect to a breaks set imo.
    as for anyone touching your mixer: tell him to f*ck off and if he doesn't have him kicked out. it's none of his business. even though i think you should maybe check the dancefloor for whether your equing sounds like you want it to. i mean you cant be standing in a dj booth with crappy monitors and maybe some low budget hearing protection and fuck up the equalizers till people get hurt (hi's can do this pretty well). so just check the dancefloor when there are complaints.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

TC - sounds cool, but mostly his tunes dont

:eek:someone downvoted this thread to 4 stars !

Sorry to spam the this thread with my blog.

I can't sleep, nasty cough don't you know.

So i threw together a remix of "Trust Me" by The Streets

Not good enough to play out, but easy on the ear I hope

http://rumblejazz.com/2009/05/12/the-streets-trust-me/

Cheers!

Rj x

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    :eek:someone downvoted this thread to 4 stars !
    wtf! whodunnit!?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

back to 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    im generally a critical listener at gigs also, kinda sucks tho, needa get mashed to genuinely enjoy a gig these days
    haha, love that... tbh it's mostly the same for me - if i won't get mashed i'm focusing way too much on the djing stuff, if i'm mashed i'm only interested in the overall atmosphere... that's what i love (and what i can't do when i'm sober)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauchsound View Post
    even though i think you should maybe check the dancefloor for whether your equing sounds like you want it to. i mean you cant be standing in a dj booth with crappy monitors and maybe some low budget hearing protection and fuck up the equalizers till people get hurt (hi's can do this pretty well). so just check the dancefloor when there are complaints.
    that's a really good idea... last weekend we were three ppl djing, so there was always one of us standing on the floor listening... but i guess it'll be a bit hard to do that when i'm djing alone

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    So i threw together a remix of "Trust Me" by The Streets
    wow, that's a really nice remix! like it a lot!

to that whole TC thing:
    tbh i don't mind if it's a tune by TC or not... i really like some of him, really don't like others of him...
    i'm not a fan of TC at all, and if i'm watching another one spinning dnb then i'd probably think "what a crappy starting tune" myself, but i really won't go in front of the dj and tell him that... also i guess i'd be waiting for some other tunes, i don't think you can rate a dj only by his first tune...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Ah Morbido thank you very much!

*beams with pride*

which app are you using to make your remixes? is the instrumental self made or from another track?

trying to dive into production myself... but my efforts have been more than fruitless by now

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass